Archive through October 05, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdelikowski

displayname
Tony Delikowski
The question I posted for bracket info for front blade should have included that I am looking for info on the front blade hydraulic angle kit. I will be mounting this on my 982.

Mike Fisher (Mfisher) Those corner pcs are for side boards and to hold the supports for my canoe when used behind my ATV. Had a great weekend camping and put 300 miles on the Dodge.Hope to put the 14 rebuild in the 149 monday and get her running for snow removal. We could get snow anytime now brrrr. Later Don T
wave.gif

After several weeks of patience, two 16oz. cans of pb blaster,and an engineers hammer that I can not find where I threw it to, The results are as follows, 1 steering wheel in many pieces, 1 steering shaft with no visible sign of threads left on it and it still is not apart!
What now?

Tim: Steering wheel ruined, shaft threads ruined, it's time for the Sawzall. Cut the shaft off below what's left of the steering wheel and post in the Wanted section.
Shift.gif

Here a few photos of IH CC's at the equipment show at the Zagray Farm Museum in Colchester CT. I was told many more were on display Saturday, but most folks left when the rain came today.
94970.jpg

94971.jpg

94972.jpg

Thanks Frank, I guess I knew the answer just looking for some encouragement. Not having the best of luck here.

We finally picked our last pumpkin tonight. This was the biggest one we grew. This year was the first year we had a pumpkin patch, and my daughter had a lot of fun watching them grow.

94980.jpg

The pumpkins on the porch came out of our patch too.

Tim,
I have an alternative, but it takes some machine work. I had the same situation as you a couple of weeks ago on a 100. I couldn't get the wheel off and mushroomed the end of the shaft. I cut the shaft between the wheel and the steering tube and then pressed the stub out of the wheel with a hydraulic press. Then I welded the stub back onto the shaft, straightened the end and rethreaded it on the lathe. There were enough threads left below the wheel hub that when I cleaned up the end it was good as new. Of course, I had to use another nut since I deformed the original one.

Michael, Thanks for the input, thats good thinking though not sure machine work would be cheaper than replacement and expense is now my biggest obstacle. I think I will try to cut the wheel away from the shaft and see what is left as far as threads as the wheel will have to be replaced anyway. This is also a model 100. I am removing the wheel to prepare for new dash tower. It is slowly turning into a parts tractor.

Kurt,
That 826 is a real looker. Have not seen many of those.

Steve B.....
Hope your feeling better.....If you need any help Thursday before....Let me know....
Hope to have the Super ready to plow by then...
Never enough time to get all the cub projects done......

Mike Fisher
I posted some more trailer pics in Sandbox section. If you need more detail, E-mail me.

Kurt, any pictures on how you built that tractor? I want to do that to a 782.

I like that tractor looks like the old 56 series IH(565,656,756,856,956,1056)

Kurt,what size are your rear wheels and tires?did you make the front axle and spindles? and i agree if you have how you built it photos i would like to see them.

This can't be good:
94984.jpg

I'm getting 2 different part numbers for a 128 and a 1200 3 pin driver. Is there enough difference in the 2 that they're not interchangable?
coffee.gif

Frank C: The QL's (your 1200) used a drive plate with a flexible spring steel center to allow some some movement with the ISO bar engine mounting system. The solid type used on the earlier models (that you have) is not recommended for the QL's. Given the cost and spring steel center, I would not try to use the QL version on the earlier models if it were me. A good (perhaps used) solid drive plate should be available from several of the suppliers found in the pretty colored boxes above.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Does anyone know where I can get a small tach? I'd like to add one to my 126. I'd like it to be about the same size as the ammeter. Links? Thanks.

Latest posts

Back