• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 02, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you Kraig--now the pic in the FAQ's makes more sense with the "bracket" to hold the nut.
greenthumb.gif

Attachments

• greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 129
  • greenthumb.gif
    greenthumb.gif
    8.3 KB · Views: 122
Well didn't have time to fool w/ moving deck wheels inside this weekend, so I just cut wheels off and got 2 mowin,,,

309621.jpg

309622.jpg

Went ok, nothing catastrophic,,, deck never bottomed out or dug in, not that I noticed anyway!!!

I'm Lovin the ag tire tracks in the few little muddy spots of my yard,,,
biggrin.gif
bannana_guitar.gif
err.gif

Oh I did notice Kraig's
309623.gif
below,,,
thumbsup.gif
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 125
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 125
  • 309623.gif
    309623.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 123
  • err.gif
    err.gif
    251 bytes · Views: 126
  • bannana_guitar.gif
    bannana_guitar.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 129
  • biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 120
  • 309622.jpg
    309622.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 128
  • 309621.jpg
    309621.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 309622.jpg
    309622.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 136
  • 309621.jpg
    309621.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 128
John M--I agree with Earl, it's not a big deal to put a hydraulic lift system off an early NF Cub on to a manual lift NF Cub, as long as you have all the parts you need, a donor tractor with all the parts you need, or are able to fabricate the parts you need. Outside of that, it's gonna be a headache of epic proportions! I converted the Mule (a 100) to hydro lift from a 122 parts tractor and that made it a fairly simple procedure. I would definitely "pick Dave S brain" about it though since you are attempting to do it with the same model as he has...

Jason W--AG's are super cool on Cubs! I could just see the neighbors questioning why you are cutting lawn with a "tractor"...
clappy.gif

Attachments

• clappy.gif
    clappy.gif
    1.2 KB · Views: 123
Are we assuming that converting a non-hydro lift manual NF to a hydro lift means putting the external belt driven pump on it? Where the actor being gear driven or hydro doesn't matter?

My brain always goes to WF, where putting hydro lift on non ported tractor is not easy. Let alone not being able to put hydro lift on a GD tractor.

Nic--That's how I'm reading this conversion anyway. NF gear or hydro with the early style external belt driven pump with factory made bracketry, hoses, etc. Obviously if anyone takes a look at my Grizzly thread they will see the headaches of making a NF hydro a hydraulic lift tractor using a ported hydro--LOTS of work!

if you can't buy a tool make one

309636.jpg

Attachments

• 309636.jpg
    309636.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 149
  • 309636.jpg
    309636.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 126
That trick worked great and now the S/R lever works great on Grizzly! Thanks for the help guys...I love this forum and all the helpful dudes here!
bannana_guitar.gif

Attachments

• bannana_guitar.gif
    bannana_guitar.gif
    2.8 KB · Views: 122
Bill R

Getting "creative" w/ tools can sometimes save you hours of work and lots of
bash.gif
"frustration"!!!

thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 125
  • bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 125
I just assumed that's what John meant about putting hydraulic lift on his 126. Get the external NF from and earlier model and pop on! Depending on your PTO use I suppose you could use another pump, power steering that has built in reservoir, and plumb a cylinder and valve, but that kills using the PTO for anything else. I've seen it done on a couple loaders, which most any model could not use other attachments anymore anyway. That would be the only time I'd even consider that route. Finding an electric lift may be easier than trying to redesign what's already been done.

f16.gif
dunno.gif

But my $0.02 is only worth that, no refunds.

Attachments

• dunno.gif
    dunno.gif
    3.5 KB · Views: 133
  • f16.gif
    f16.gif
    303 bytes · Views: 134
Back