• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through October 02, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wshytle

displayname
Wayne Shytle
Charlie-

That's all I needed and I thank you. I assume Kraig has the day off.

Kraig has a LIFE!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 135
Wayne, sorry I missed your photo request yesterday. I was at the farm yesterday clearing brush and mowing, using green and yellow equipment.
blush.gif

Attachments

• blush.gif
    blush.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 130
Charlie - long way to go with that "O" and Danco Loader you posted. Here's one my son picked up while back and recently parted with.

309586.jpg

Attachments

• 309586.jpg
    309586.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 128
  • 309586.jpg
    309586.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 124
At the risk of poking the bear,
icon_eek.gif
I'll post this in hopes of spurring some activity.
happy.gif

309588.jpg

sorry.gif

EDIT: Oh sure, then Hydro deletes his post and reposts...
bottom.gif

Attachments

• bottom.gif
    bottom.gif
    27.7 KB · Views: 130
  • sorry.gif
    sorry.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 132
  • 309588.jpg
    309588.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 122
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 129
  • icon_eek.gif
    icon_eek.gif
    170 bytes · Views: 113
  • 309588.jpg
    309588.jpg
    127.1 KB · Views: 164
  • sorry.gif
    sorry.gif
    15.5 KB · Views: 128
Kraig - I thought you broke it but then I got my pic to post so I edited (deleted) the original post. Now, just what the heck are you doing posting GREEN stuff. It ain't OTS.
bash.gif

Attachments

• bash.gif
    bash.gif
    904 bytes · Views: 129
Just showing what I was doing yesterday, and trying to generate a little forum activity. It got you to post again.
lol.gif

Attachments

• lol.gif
    lol.gif
    158 bytes · Views: 133
...just focus on the green stuff in the loader bucket, not the green stuff behind it.
angel.gif

Attachments

• angel.gif
    angel.gif
    222 bytes · Views: 134
That beats what I did today!
I got about a 3rd removed.
309599.jpg

The afternoon project is posted in the Firewood thread, LOL

Attachments

• 309599.jpg
    309599.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 126
  • 309599.jpg
    309599.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 139
Earl,
Yep

Kraig,
I'll trade ya time you want! LOL
Course I'm not smart enough to do your job, but you won't have any trouble doin mine!
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 135
Hydro I do have to say that loader O is real cool!
Today started out trying to fix some things, and then friend called to go off roading, soooo..... There went my work ethic for the day!
thumbsup_old.gif

Kraig and Charlie got way more done than me!!

Attachments

• thumbsup_old.gif
    thumbsup_old.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 122
Hey guys--what's the "easiest" way to tighten up the friction washers on a narrow frame? I've never personally done it before and I'd be greatful for any tips. It sure looks like a challenge to get at behind the steering column. I looked at the FAQ's but the pic there wasn't too helpful.

Hiho neighbors. I am now without a QA42A snowthrower. All the talk about needing a creeper or a hydro put me squarely in the idea that my original train of thought was right..With my bad left knee, climbing on and off to unstop the chute and clean out the auger/drum would be unbearable in the wet and cold of winter, not to mention the aggravation. So it's gone..

Now..How difficult is it to install a hydraulic lift on my 126? Has anyone ever ran one off the front PTO using a couple of pulleys, a jack shaft and a couple of belts? Rube Goldberg idea?

Thanks
John

Josh S.

The EASIEST way is to trade it for an 82 series!!!!

Otherwise, hold you mouth just right and pray you have little hands.......don;t work on it until after the kids all go to bed.....wouldn't want them to learn any new words that they would later share at an inopportune time!!!

Funny Steve--I already have a couple of those! I guess I'm working with the hand dealt.
1a_violin.gif
. Is the idea to tighten the locking nut on the SR shaft until the proper amount of desired friction is reached?

Attachments

• 1a_violin.gif
    1a_violin.gif
    11.5 KB · Views: 142
Josh, first step is to spray the adjusting nut with a good penetrating oil. Then you wedge the friction adjusting nut with something to prevent it from turning. Something like a wood wedge or appropriate size piece of key stock. Then you use the hydro control lever to tighten or loosen the nut.

John M.,
David Schwandt just put hydraulic lift for the earlier series on his 126. The 1x6/7 series meant to have electric lift instead of manual. He installed it in what I call the right location. He did some"adjustments" but it looks right. Unless your a member of the correct police....
I believe David did it over last winter if you search the archives.
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 129
Depending on what you actually do, you could also think about putting hydraulic angle on your blade. Using the narrow frame hydraulic lift, well I don't know, but its a thought.

Back