• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
Dennis Frisk

Thanks for that. It was kind a nice to see the picture of you . now I can put a face to the print I see every day. wife is on vacation this week ,but I`am hiding in the shop some lol.

Glad you liked it. It was too fancy for me. I like to play with 'em not put 'em on a shelf and look at 'em. I wasn't having ant fun with 590.

Morning all, is the stub shaft on a original, the one that the drive shaft connects to on the tranmission, the same as one on a 124, i looked in the parts look up but for the original all i come up with is a NLA for a part number. if there are differnt is there a fix, the bad shaft is remmed out right to the end of the shaft, thanks in advanced

Thanks for all the answers so far on my QA42A. It's almost rebuilt, but I have one last question.

What is the size (I think it's 5/16) and number of threads/inch for the set screw on the drive shaft (the shaft that runs from the gear box to the small sproket shaft).

I've had to drill it out, and I need to run a tap through to re-cut the treads.

where is the correct location to measure a plow to determine whether a 10" or 12"

Tim, the plow in the drawing would be a 14", I think you can figure it out from there.
happy.gif

233186.jpg

James, the only set screws that the Parts Lookup lists for the QA42A drive shaft assembly are for two 3/8"-16 x 3/8" set screws.

Kraig, Thanks brother thats exactly what I was hoping to see.

Tim

Kraig,

Thanks

I noticed that was listed in the parts lookup, but after drilling out the screw, 3/8" seems too big. I'm hoping someone has one they can actually measure.

It's the set screw oposite the key on the end of the shaft that connects to the blower that I'm interested in.

James, if I was at home I'd measure one of my QA42 snowthrowers. If you can wait until this evening I'll measure one. I bet (and hope) that someone will beat me to it though... Just had a thought, why not check the set screw on the other end of the driveshaft? It should be the same.

What would be the size of the copper fuel line going from the fuel bowl to the carburetor on an Original?

Hello again:
RE: Loose S/C drive pulley.
I have another question for someone.
After struggling to remove the PTO bearing (the allen screw broke off) I see that the S/C pulley is loose on the crank shaft. The crank shaft is 1" but the drive pulley ID is close to 1 1/16" I think that it should fit pretty snug. Am I right on this?
That might have caused my problem.
The keyway on the crank is damaged and I am not sure if it is salvageable.
Any comments appreciated
Earl LaMott

Kraig,

If you could measure it that would be fantastick. The screw on the other end is also solidly rusted in place so I can't remove it to measure.

Thanks again.

James, I'll try to measure one of mine. No guarantee that mine won't be rusted fast as well.
blush.gif

James, Kraig is right on the $$. I measured my spare drive shaft/set screw 3/8" x 3/8" with (5) coarse threads within it's 3/8" length or 16 per inch ....CC part # 102-592. PWR
1AA_dance2.gif

Paul, thanks for confirming the set screw size for James and me!
thumbsup.gif

Kraig, You bet... now I've got to remove my Model# 40 Easy-Vac & mower deck from the 882 . Then mount the QA42a & change Firestone Float23's to the winter grips & chains & Cat. 0 hitch arms for the A-Frame Rear weight. Also CC heat Hauser.I better move to the proper area before I Get it from...
thumbdown.gif
Shift.gif
PWR

Eddie Burton,
The factory line is 3/16" OD soft copper.
I usually replace the factory fittings with brass compression fittings. Lasts better than rubber.
You can use 1/4" OD also. It's a little tougher to bend the "loop", but most harware stores have 1/4".

Latest posts

Back