• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 30, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Matt, the curved upper links make that a QAxxB model, the reason the upper links are curved are for use on a 82 series for more clearance for the grill casting. It should work just fine on a 1650 with the links curved up or down. The B models also used a wider drive pulley, 5/8" instead of the 3/8" that your 1650 would require. It's possible that yours has had the pulley changed OR it's really a QAxxA and has just had the upper links changed out for the curved links.
dizzy.gif

GARY T. - Sleeve hitch on an SGT, is a lot easier if You have the factory Cat 0 3-point. There's factory adapters but they're so easy to make if You have access to a welder.

Our 1450 is finally ready to throw snow. I ended up changing out some of the hydro linkage parts and the cam plates and it is getting a lot smoother and less likely to slow down or speed up on it's own. Still need to do the cradle upgrade and change the iso-mounts. I still can't get past the fender pan either. I don't like this style, rather stay with round fenders or no fenders. This is kinda what I'm thinking....

181880.jpg

Now this is what it should look like.....
Maybe one of those suspension seats from Tractor Supply....

Jim, Kendell, Dennis, Brad,
Thanks for the info guys. I know the cubs and pushing dirt isnt an ideal setup especially since I actually need to move it a ways I would really want a loader. But thats pretty much done with now, had the guy come over with the skid loader or whatever you call them. I do keep forgetting about locking the lift out and using the snail... on my 1000 the snail thingy's knob is gone so I amm used to just using the lock points. Yes both mine are manual lift which I really want to do something about that too. On the 129 the lockout trigger button doesnt want to stay locked either. Guess I got a combination of issues!

As for the Low Boy my main concern is I would really like something that will take cat1 equipment. I was having some difficulty finding that data. Are they cat0 like cub cadets or cat1 like bigger machines?

Dennis I admit I dont know a whole lot about all the different model farmals I'll look into the ones you suggest. I'm pretty familiar with the H and M, and I think the one my dad had was an old F-12 I think it was called, with a crank start on the front! I just dont want something large, I mean I only have 2.5 acres. Just something a little easier to find things like grader blades, brush hog, log splitter, etc.

Scott, Arvin;
Thanks for the info on the 582. There's one on Ebay right now that is just
a few minutes drive from my house (always better!). But, I'm looking for a tractor
to do some rototilling, and whereas the 582 Special has the 1st gear granny,
I think the creeper gearbox was the only way to get really low gears in the 582.

Thanks for the info, gents, and it looks as though I'm surrounded by cubs!
Jeff in Ithaca/Enfield

TRISTAN - I've got the Super H, Dad's M, a 982, 72, & 70 on only 2.3 acres. Once You get a FARMALL with a loader so many jobs go some much easier. A good big skid-steer can move dirt much easier but they're also much more $$$$$.
Most of the old FARMALL's have hydraulics, most of the Super series are live hyd., and the 300, 350, & newer tractors have multiple sets of remotes so You can run hyd. buckets. Both my loaders have trip buckets which are not the best for dumping into carts, trucks, etc. but are fine for general loader work.

Look for something 1955 vintage or newer. That'll get you live hyd, live PTO. And actually the bigger tractors normally sell cheaper than the littler ones.

I moved a LOT of dirt & rock around this summer with my loader tractors. One afternoon I moved about 15,000# of dirt in three hours with the loader on the Super H and the 982/dump cart. Just dumping into the cart with the first bucket full was slow because the cart was only 2-3 inches wider than the bucket and I didn't want to tear up the side boards on the cart by loading from the side or dump the bucket right on the floor of the cart and dent it all up.

Gary,

Some 1/2" x 1-1/2" bar stock, welder and some parts off of a wide frame sleeve hitch set-up. About 2 hours one evening.

181883.jpg

181884.jpg

181885.jpg

181886.jpg

Well here she is. My old 147. It's sittin in my buddy's big garage for now. Not in too bad of shape for 11 years it's been sittin eh?.. Only needs a battery and maybe a carb rebuild kit, but thats basic. Cant wait to hear her old kohler thrust up again out of it's dormance. Like i said, my buddy put a IH logo on the photo, he likes to edit photo stuff. Well, thats enough cubs for now. I'm gettin an old 1964 Bolens 900 tomorrow from my friend for free. Needs a new clutch disc and pad, but i got plenty of them. Enjoy!!

181889.jpg
greenthumb.gif

I cant wait to snow bog with my 124. I got thick traction Goodyears for it, and i'll drive through huge drifts with it. I also took some side engine guard panels from a newer cadet, and fit them on their only when i do this. It's pretty cool. My little cadets, i just race in the snow, and they slide everywhere. Got to be careful with doing the racing, cause my friend Caleb who i got the original from, flipped his 71, and almost seized it once. Dont want that to happen to me! He had a lot of damage to his 71.
fence.gif

I put my Qa 36 on the 1200 today started it up an ran the blower all went well then put chains on and took for test ride after about 50 feet it sputtered and after i turned it around it started to die and let out a monster backfire
poof.gif
, I shut it off and restarted and it ran normal after that. Any one got an idea on what caused the sputter and backfire
1a_scratchhead.gif

Steve , Is that the same style lift arm of a 782 or is it longer if it is longer how much longer. Thanks

Jeff,
I have a gear driven IH 582 - not a Special. I use a 10" plow for my garden in 1st gear at full throttle w no problems. I follow that up with a disc harrow. With that said, I would think it would be too fast for the rototiller assuming you need to work it at full throttle.

Dennis:
I've only got an acre - but I've been telling the wife that the neighbor's JD 2355 w/loader would be an ideal addition to the 129, 149 and ZTR and would fit in the barn, too...

BTW - on post '55 full size - if you look at one with a loader, try to get one with double acting cylinders on the loader (so you can get down force as well as lift). The next door neighbor's '56 AC "CA" has single acting and we found there's always a time when it'd be nice to push down as well as lift up..

To get back on topic - Tristan, that little locking button was never one of the best Cub designs - a bail on top would have worked better. Before I threw it away, I can remember cussing it out when trying to lock it with winter gloves on when moving snow.....
bash.gif

Hey guys I am having Problems with my 102 the battery is fully charged but it wont turn over. If I jump it with my truck it will turn over and start right up. any Help will be Greatful...

Willis Hecht
I would clean all the ground wires and see if that don`t help. start at the battery and work out to the frame and starter gen. Bad grounds eat the power from a battery . later Don T

Willis,
Sounds like a bad battery. Take it to a parts store and have it load tested. I'll bet they tell you it's bad. It'll show 12+ volts, but when you try to draw large voltage from it, it lays down on ya.

I need to call xtreim moterworks and need his area code to call him. I want a hitch ordered for the 1512D to use all the attachments I have here . Thanks Don T
got his number 847-4034 from Charlies post on his furnace. I don`t miss much lol

Hey Don, Why don't you click on his link above and look on his web site. It is there.

Latest posts

Back