• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 30, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie,
thumbsup_old.gif

Kraig,
I have this thing (in the back of my head) that makes me want to clear the drive for the wife in case she wants to get out and about. Maybe it is just some kind of sickness. :p

Charlie,
Your right. Just tired of this fuel issue....
sad.gif

New fuel system and Kirk's "Blue" upgrade should solve all my current tractor issues......

Tedd -

Hmmm, the 107 did the same thing. Then when it finally DID stay running, the PO's spring pin in the driveshaft busted. So I was standing in the snow, pounding out what was left and putting in a proper pin. The old pin never budged when I WANTED it to come out
lol.gif

Tedd, in that case I guess Plan C has to stay as you had it.
happy.gif

Got the 149 rigged up last night, backed into the garage, and ready to cut the first swath upon opening the overhead door. Well, the half-inch we had this morning made my efforts look like overkill. I'm not even sure the skids on the blade would've allowed me to skim the snow. Oh well, maybe next storm. At least it started right up!

Hey guys,
All this talk of snow.... We just got hit with rain - sleet - snow here in North Texas. Not enough to plow, or throw.
I have a question about a 42" blade. How can you tell by looking at it if it's for a NF or WF?
I'm looking at one for my 122.
I'll try to load up a pic.

46314.jpg

Hope it works

Randy, looks like a wide frame subframe on your blade.

The 106 fired right up this morning. I moved enough snow to get the cars out of the garage and out to the road. I will finish the job tonight. I like to plow the driveway the first snowfall to get any obstacle out of the way before the snowthrower is used. I run my snowthrower about 3/4" off the ground. That way I do not pick up much gravel. After all, I get more seat time cleaning up with the blade after I get done snowthrowing. It sure was a bear driving into the wind and snow this morning when I plowed. It hit your face so hard that you were afraid to open your eyes and look where you were going. It took me almost 1 hour to make the 20 mile trip to work.

Got some good seat time in last night on the 149 pushing snow out of the drive and off the sidewalks around our new home. Had 5-6 inches of the white stuff here in Wichita, KS yesterday. Had quite a bit of drifting as well with the wind. Tried plowing the sidewalks around the commons area for our HOA but ran into an area with fairly deep drifts and had trouble muscling through and couldn't see for sure where the sidewalk was so finally turned around and headed back to the garage at 9:30 p.m. Will have to try it again in the daylight.

Sure wish I had my recently acquired QA42A snowthrower put back together for this snow. Had to order a new chain drive sprocket from Cub Cadet Corp earlier this week. You wouldn't believe what they cost, over $50 for a small 14 tooth sprocket!! Grrrr

Anyhow, what a hoot! This was the second time since high school back in the late 70's that I've plowed snow with my IH front mount blade. Hadn't used it since we sold our last Quietline and got a 782 in 1981. Having my cubbie sure makes owning a home worth it, oh, and it keeps the wife happy!!!

The sun is shining now on top of this 10-12" of heavy, wet snow. I can't wait to get home and have some fun.

Thanks Kraig. But, how can you tell? (just being curious.....)
stupid.gif

Randy, on a Wide Frame blade subframe the Quick Attach pins face outward. On a Narrow Frame blade Quick Attach subframe the QA pins face inward. And on a Narrow Frame bolt on blade subframe there are no QA pins. I believe a Narrow Frame blade Quick Attach subframe will bolt onto a non QA narrow frame i.e., a 122 however a Wide Frame blade subframe won't. Note QA = Quick Attach

All these years of looking at the QA on my blower and I had no idea it meant "quick attach". Obviously, my brain does not have that feature either. Sheesh.

Kraig - the intel on the pins facing out on a WF and in on a NF is a huge benefit to me. I've been shopping for a plow but have had NO idea how to tell which ones fit my 782. Now I do. Muchos gracias.

An other way to tell a wide frame from a narrow frame, sub frame is the inward bend. All of the WF subs I have seen are "squished" in like that. Where my spare NF one is a straight shot.

Tedd, yes that is also true. The WF subframes have to bend like that, I guess, to fit onto the rockshaft, something I have heard also makes them kind of wimpy when using Steve Blunier's Ramming Speed™ snow removal technique.

Kraig - Now that you mention it, when I first got my WF blade, the WF subframe was bent pretty good and that square plate that supports the two arms had to be re-welded. I've since been able to get those arms reasonably parallel after the inward bend.

Kraig...

You've Got that right!!!
err.gif

lurking.gif

Latest posts

Back