• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 27, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex D.-

Man, I wish I was home. I have one of those setting on the garage floor. If nobody gets you a picture in the next two weeks, I'll take one when I get home.

Donald H,

Click on the Cub Cadet Parts Lookup box above with the forum sponsors. Type in "QA42A" on the search lookup box.

Q:
I'm going to use my new-to-me 72 strictly for 'doodle bug' duty around my place- utility hauling, pulling, etc. Anyone have a recommendation on the largest tires I can put on the stock rims? I'm looking for height, mostly.
Also, what about changing rims... what fits to go larger. (The tractor does not have fenders)
Thanks.

Robert,
There are different size rims and tire sizes that can be fitted onto a cub cadet, it all depends on what you are wanting to do and how mch you want to invest.
Here are a couple different tire sizes and styles I have used over the past few years
15" mini spare rims
70831.jpg

70832.jpg

Being that you have no fenders on your 72 you should only be limites to the size rim and tire you can find to fit the rear bolt pattern. However rember with tall tires on the rear you will need to raise the front to level out the tractor.

For those who don't know, I'm working in Burr Ridge, Illinois, which is about 1/2 as the crow flies from the CNH test facility (former IH Hinsdale test farm). ...............So I get a invite to a Christmas party at the "Katherine Legge Memorial Lodge". Anyone want to take a stab at what this place is/was??????

Hey guys. I made the plunge. Now the proud owner of a 129. Needs a little work and some tinkering. Looking forward to some interesting and helpful discussions!! -Brian.

Tom H.
Alexander Legge was President of International Harvester.
If ya get a chance, check out the spiderweb window.

As to your question, it was built as a weekend get away for Alex and his wife.
thumbsup_old.gif

You got it Charlie! Around this area I'm stumbling on all kinds-o-ih stuff.

OK Charlie, Why are these ol' IH guys smiling in this picture????
70834.jpg

Matt,

Possibly your engine is a low serial # as well.
I grabbed the serial number off of my block and it seems to be a very early production of spec. 4759B. Serial # is C004320. Kohler is insistent on selling me a mini-block and has not provided any documentation, drawings, etc. Like any other company, they do not understand the concept of restoration. It seems that later serial numbers in this spec have balance gears and the dipstick is integrated into the cam gear cover. My dipstick tube is installed in vertical fashion from top of block. Can anyone verify a similar early serial number on this spec. Just want to make sure I've got the right block. I will most likely have this thing professionally sleeved. Crank mics out at 1.490 and I will reuse the .010 rod.

Thanks for the pics, Lonny. Any idea what you got those mini-spare rims off of?

Alexander D-

That sounds like the correct block, that's what's sitting on the garage floor back home.

Alex D.
I think you might want to rethink blaming Kohler.
Blame the EPA!
I know from talking to several Kohler people over the years that they fought the EPA for years trying to NOT have to redesign their engines.

BETTER YET!
BLAME California, those bleeding heart (everything is bad for ya) idiots are the ones that mandate 50% of the regulations for the rest of the country!

From politics to fishing sinkers are you sure it's only 50% ?

Work buddy has some 3-pt parts, the top cast iron knuckle on one is stamped 376566R1 and is narrow, the other is stamped 384655R1 and is wider, however it does not have the rectangular shape around the sliding pin hole like the 82 series ones do. Anyone know what the correct applications for each of these is? I need the parts for an 82 series tractor.

Latest posts

Back