• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 27, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
MAN!!!!! I gotta tellya. We just got about 4" of super wet white stuff today and I went out and did some playin around for the first time runnin ags on the front! I just could not believe how well they did. It's amazing how easy they turn and there's no slip sliddin away. Just goes to show, you learn somethin new everyday.
biggrin.gif

Howdy,,

I have had this Cub Cadet since 1971, given to me by a friend.. didn't know it was an item til now...
It has performed well around my barn for all these years...

The motor has blown up and I need some help as to rebuild or buy another..

Also would like some help as to whether there are any hydraulics or kits available for a gannon or drag,,, as I have a custom drag blade for my mechanical rig.

Also I cannot find where the unit serial number might be stamped on the frame...

My tractor is a : IHC Cub Cadet 125 Hydrostatic

Kohler K301A Model D067536 Spec 47138B

I am located in Acton, California

Regards,
Ray Roth

Zach.....

Try your local NAPA Store.. they have all sorts of kohler parts

While waiting for a carb kit to arrive, couple questions. 1) On a 100, IF the rear has 30 wt instead of Hi-Tran, once rear cover is off, what can be used to "rinse/wash" it out? 2) Did a 100 have a riveted plate on left side with serial #?
chef.gif

Lyle B,
"rinse/wash" it out with diesel and or paint thinner, be sure and wipe out all the nooks and crannies too. I can't tellya what I use, snicker
The SN is on the right side of the transfer case if your settin on the tractor.
23453.jpg

Dave,
Looks like the chute is held onto the ring assembly with three one inch welds. Should be pretty simple to rotate the chute.
Charlie,
You have my wheels turning with those pics!!

Ray R.
Man yer just full of questions tonight ain't ya. grin
One of the sponsors above can help ya out with a rebuild kit, short block or an entire engine. Check out the For Sale section, there's always one or 3 in there.
The serial number if it's still there will be as shown in this pic.
23455.jpg

You can add a hydraulic lift pump like this to your 125.
23456.jpg

(Message edited by cproctor on November 27, 2004)

Richard C . are you trying to re- design the 3 point or copy? I have a couple nos rock shaft asslys here from the 782 1811 style ,I can take some pics or would gladly loan ya one to copy if you cover the shipping. Rich

(Message edited by rpatton on November 27, 2004)

About time you learned that ags on the front help with the steering Charlie
biggrin.gif
I had the 1450 out this morning with the sweepster and boy was that fun cleaning the sidewalks with it. Ran turfs with just wheel weights and no chains traction wasn't a problem then I put the blade on the 582Modified and cleaned the end drives out and had no problems with the fluid filled ags and no chains. Think this weather caught me off guard since I wasn't going to do a thing but get snow movers ready this weekend and put some others in for their winter naps. Looks like I need to get moving.

Rich P.
Appreciate the offer but what I am trying to do is build a cat 0 3-point hitch for a wide frame or quietline. I have built some adapters to convert from the standard IH sleeve hitch type to Cat O 3-point adapter but this time I want to build a stand alone Cat 0 3-point hitch that is rugged and looks like it was built for the CUB and fully functional.

Anyone need any spare little boys??? It is snowing finally here, went out to start the 149. Dead battery! Key left on and bent over in switch. Just fine three days ago. At least battery has time to charge overnight. No real harm done I hope. Boys sure are fun sometimes.

Jerry- I learned my lesson this spring to always make sure the keys are pulled from my tractors cause the daughter and neighbor boy always were climbing on them and "driving" didn't need any accidental start ups.

Jerry, Hugh,

All my keys are on finish nails driven into the wall about 5' high over the work bench in the shed. Didn't take Steven III long to figure out what it took to start daddy's tractors
happy.gif
happy.gif

Dave Kamp,

I'd like to second the comments others have made about your excellent ignition explaination. I tried to put one together a few months back but got wrapped up in wordiness and electrical theory. Your teaching experience lets you get to the heart of it without overly confusing the audience.

I'll leave a question/comment over in the Sandbox.

JimE

nice to find out that the key from the 100 fits the 149. how long does this apply to our cubs?

I just punted my dinosaur iMac and the Sony Vaio is installed and running. Needless to say it's the comparison between a Cub and a Murray. It's so sad to see the ol' Mac go...NOT!!

Congrats on kickin' the iMac, Kevin- as the support groups say, the first step is admitting the problem!
crash.gif

Charlie- that's exactly what I was talkin' about! Why so much hydraulic line on that motor? Careful not to run it too far, My dollar says the hydraulic motor will win!

Jerry- I gotta keep an eye on Nick, too, but he doesn't touch the key anymore... he snicked it on and off once, and there must'a been a fair charge still in the chamber, 'cause it let off with a BANG, and sent him running...
jawdrop.gif

Now I just hafta make darned sure that I don't leave any uncovered carbeurators, cylinder heads off... spark-plugs out, etc... I can see it in his eyes- 'if it fits, that's where it goes'...

Jim, I ALWAYS confuse somebody... but I ain't gettin' paid for this, and they're not sitting in rows lookin' back at me with blank stares, so my 'money-back-guarantee' applies...
err.gif

Wondering if anyone has a combo back blade and front blade for snow moving? Was thinking I could back up to the garage doors with the back blade.
Just curious - Thanks, Jim

Latest posts

Back