• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 24, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sshaff

displayname
Steve Shaff
Earl F...Yes, we had just swapped out the battery for another one having more charge, but I can't say for sure it was FULLY charged. The engine was running when I tried the lights, though. I'm not sure this means anything, but the starter generator on that tractor typically slips...and often a lot... before it finally turns the engine over. It always has, especially when the engine is cold...I have no idea why.

I assumed you had checked that already Steve, but sometimes we overlook the simplest fixes
thumbsup.gif

My next suggestion would be the lights themselves and the wiring to and from. Lastly the switch, or firstly depending where you prefer to start.

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 120
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 121
hi guys i just got a 1a tiller with both extensions anything i need to check before i put it to use also what grease do you use for the chain and also the 90degree gearbox

thanks thad

311205.jpg

Yes, Jason I know it's not the 1450, but the 1200 will have to do for today

Attachments

• 311205.jpg
    311205.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 125
  • 311205.jpg
    311205.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 128
311211.jpg

And to go with Josh's question about deestone tires, I have a set! I didn't buy em, must have come on a tractor, they seem OK, 23-8.5-12, I'll measure their height after dinner.

Attachments

• 311211.jpg
    311211.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 138
  • 311211.jpg
    311211.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 141
Earl...Thanks for the advice. It's interesting how something can work just fine, then it sits awhile and...
1a_scratchhead.gif

Attachments

• 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 134
  • 1a_scratchhead.gif
    1a_scratchhead.gif
    774 bytes · Views: 121
311214.jpg

Now a question about chains, which set should I use? I still have to find the chains, so I'll just put the blade on dad's 1450 today and leave the Tru Powers on for now.

Attachments

• 311214.jpg
    311214.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 139
  • 311214.jpg
    311214.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 135
Earl - I'd go with the middle one. It'll keep more of the chain up on top of the tread than the other 2 with the scalloped edges.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends from the Cub Forum that I've had the privilege to get to know virtually here and many of you in person at various tractor events around the country! You gents are some great guys and I'm really glad I found this site Feb 2009.

Speaking of friends--Steve make sure you check the ground both at the lights and the switch. Check connections at the lights, switch, etc. sometimes like Earl said, it is the simplest fix. Good luck with it.

Those snow machines are looking good! Charlie how much snow did you get in this last storm? We got rain all day yesterday, did you get snow?

Earl, I'll second KENtucky's recommendation of the middle tire.

Earl F. I should have sent along those 23 x8.50 x 12 tires on the 6 x 12 rims. (Gotta get those taken off one of these warmer days.)

Thanks guys!
Marlin I was thinking the opposite on taking the 6x12 tires and should have left them for those wheels. Well got blade on dad's 1450, but too dark for pics. I need to replace the fuse for the headlights, I took it when a wire fell off this summer and blew fuse for PTO. Fixed that but forgot to change it.

Earl,

Pick the pair that hold air the best, the chains will ride fine on any of those treads....

Earl F. i do have a 6x12 pair of Cub Cadet rims with the valve stem holes on the inside. They came with the 15 tires I got free this past spring. One of the rims was rusty inside but the other has the IH paint nice and clear on the inside.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my IH Cub Cadet Forum friends!!!
(and to those of you who aren't my friends, well the rules for this thread won't let me say)
cubwinker.gif

Marlin - I don't think any IH CC wheels came with the valve stem on the inside

Attachments

• cubwinker.gif
    cubwinker.gif
    445 bytes · Views: 120
  • cubwinker.gif
    cubwinker.gif
    445 bytes · Views: 121
hi guys i just got a 1a tiller with both extensions anything i need to check before i put it to use also what grease do you use for the chain and also the 90degree gearbox

thanks thad

Joshua S--Thanks for chiming in, too...I'll check out that wiring more thoroughly next spring, as I have her all tucked in for the winter now. Best of the season to you and everyone else here on the forum!
happy.gif

Attachments

• happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 118
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 115
Had a close one on my cub cadet with Koehler command with having a wire shorting. Wasn't my best choice to use 18 ga but it was what I had to use for now. But now I just have the feeling to re wire everything because safety third. And do it right the second time. I just have to wait for the right key switch I picked up for half of cub cadet's price
311228.jpg

311229.jpg

Attachments

• 311229.jpg
    311229.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 311228.jpg
    311228.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 128
  • 311229.jpg
    311229.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 126