• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 23, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eburton

displayname
Eddie Burton
232917.jpg

New to me "63"

can i see a picture of a Ih weight box and can someone give me rough dimensions i looked on the manuals page they really didn't give dimensions of the box its self?
thanks

Mark G-

If you put the disassembled carb in a vice (carefully) and put a little (and I mean just a little) heat on the stem that holds the jet it usually comes right out. Just be careful with the screwdriver and the threads inside the stem. A wrong size screwdriver can mess things up. I use one that I ground the sides down for a better fit. I also use a fine wire to run through any and all little openings I can see followed by a lot of carb cleaner and compressed air. Sometimes there will be a stuck knat hair that has to come out and they can be stubborn.

Well this day had to come ! we have snow down,about 6" and still snowing. might have to get a tractor out before it all gets rained away.
chef.gif

I need some info about carbs.Some say Walbro.Some say Carter.Some don't say anything and I did't know there was a Kohler carb.I also have seen when a question is asked if it is a 30 or a 52.What does this mean?

Daniel - Kohler made engines but bought the carb's to their specs, first from CARTER, and even had Carter put Kohler's name on them.

Then during the start of emmissions requirements for small engines sometime in the 70's Kohler had to start using Walbro carbs that had non-adjustable main fuel jets.

On a Carter carb the number is the carb throat diameter in millimeters, 24, 26, 30, etc. The Walbro numbers are similar but a larger number, possibly twice the dia. of the thoat in mm. Never owned anything new enough to have a Walbro. General opinion of Walbro is to stay far far away.

Hi guys.Not much of a poster. But I sure do read alot of them. Great stuff!I jut wish that i could get my wife to understand this collecting thing. She tells me that my love for my junk is goin to cause marriage problems! I just wanted to share my latest find.
232932.jpg

I have an early Original while rebuilding the rear end I see the back rear axle housing bolt threads go into the main rear end casting where the oil is.They are threaded right through. This is where my leak is comming from. Was this a common problem? How do you fix it? Maybe some permatex blue to seal the bolt and theads??? Is this the same on the brake side also?

Thank You!

Dan:
5 years, 2 posts. Yeah, not much of a poster! Congrats on the trailer! Pic of the Fleet? 123's are great! I'm drooling over the one in Classifieds!
happy.gif

Paul,
As long as what you use is non hardening that should take care of the leaks.

I know this question has been asked and answered befor but the search function dont work from my phone.

A glowing red muffler is a sign of runnung rich?
If so than why do I need to choke the motor to start even when warm?.
What should I be looking for to fix/solve this problem.

Lonny red muffler is either lean or spark is to far advanced. The hard part is figuring out which.
happy.gif

Also when at 3/4 or more throttle the motor boggs down.

Will try adjusting main jet on carb, its now set out at 2 3/4 turns from full closed.

Denny,
It is my understanding that Kohler bought/owns the rights the the Carter model "N" carb, and that is where the Kohler carb from (same carb). Don't know if Kohler actually made the carbs in house or if they were made by someone else. Most, if not all, of the later black replacement K series engines had the Walbro(sp) carb. I'll take a Carter/Kohler any time over a Walbro, easier to adjust and the rebuild kit for them is much easier and cheaper than the kit for Walbro.

Have a question about my 1450.
There is what appears to be an adjustment screw & lock nut on the bottom side of the coil bracket (see pic). What does this adjust? I need to remove the coil & this bracket.
232935.jpg

can i see a picture of a Ih weight box and can someone give me rough dimensions i looked on the manuals page they really didn't give dimensions of the box its self?
thanks

In ref. to cubfaq # 23, I don't have an extra oil pan to use as a spacer. Does anyone have a pattern or set of dimensions for this?

Thanks a lot mike and Dennis I really didn't want to get into any additional expense this year so your advice is a major relief I am in the middle of restoring the snow thrower ,just got new bearing today , and would like to try it out asap between this cc and my vintage snowmobile I can't wait for the winter

Norm,
I didn't have an oil pan for a guide either, Just make sure the cross brace is 1 5\8" ahead of the bolt holes in front and measure the distance (Width) between the oil pan bolt holes and keep that dimension as well. I think Richard stated that there would be alittle warpage when things cooled down after the welding is done. He used a bottle jack to move the rails back out to the proper width.
Hope this helps
Brad

Back