• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 20, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scott Stanton,
Very NICE shot!
thumbsup_old.gif
old.gif
chef.gif

Ya know....this sucks...my red squirrel didn't even show up today when I also brought a camera...

Scott...COOL
thumbsup.gif

This came through on opening morning last week at about 6:55am. My shooting wasn't as nice as Scott's this year, but we got him. He was a six-point with one complete side of his rack missing.

181753.jpg

<font size="-2">(Sorry about the green colored deer-hang-pole that looks like a tractor made by a manufacturer of a brand that would be off-topic to this forum.)</font>
uhoh.gif

Sometimes you just have to intimidate them!!!
181829.jpg

The doe I shot was apparently in heat (before I cut off the scent glands it was VERY apparent), so this buck wouldn't leave her even though she was DOA. I walked up about 25 yards from him before he got the idea to finally leave.

That's somthin isn't it...I also had that happen one year. The whole time I was dressin the doe too, I shouted obscenities at him, waved at him and still stood there. I finally decided if he's stupid enough to watch me dress his lady he's stupid enough to watch me reload my muzzle loader. I don't think he was new to that game, he watched as I rammed the sabot down but didn't stick around for the priming. It's probably a good thing as I didn't have another buck tag to use, would have had to chase down the MIL to get her's.

Tried to sit out a while today but my back and leg wanted nothing to do with it. That little time wasn't completely wasted, there were a bunch of squirrels looking for food. One got spooked when I moved then wasn't sure of what he was seeing so he climbed one of the trees in front of my tree stand and ended up almost arms length away. One branch higher and I would have swatted the branch to see him sh** and run. Seen the most gorgeous coyot today too, black under fir and the the longer fir made him look like he had a silver shine to him. Would have had a close up but he didn't stand still long enough for me to help him with his lead deficiency. Oh well....

Why has nobody posted their favorite recipes for unfilled backtag stew? I hunt in eastern WI. Went the entire season w/o seeing any deer for the first time in my old life! Not even any fresh tracks. But....I spotted some in a field near me yesterday, go figure!

Even had my 1282 Cub Cadet with loader ready for and tough deer drag(nice fire lane) and hoist duties, gun all sighted in, cleaned and at the ready and new glasses so I can see into the next county! Harumph! Lots o good that did! I should have gotten a smokepole for this week I guess!

Results of my son in law's group hunting trip out west earlier this year.

181929.jpg

Lyle, wow, that's a nice elk!

Scott, Art, congrats on the bucks!

Wyatt, funny.
happy.gif

My daughter and I, hunting up north at the cabin, only saw 3 antler-less deer the whole gun season in Wisconsin, and neither of us had antler-less tags. The area that the farm is in the gun season continues until December 9th for antlered deer and until December 13th for antler-less so we plan on hunting there this weekend. Hopefully that 10 point is still on the hoof and will make another appearance. Hey, I can dream...
181931.gif

Kraig-
Thanks!
happy.gif

Jim-
In my opinion deer numbers in Wisc. are WAY off where they were just a few years ago. I used to see a small handful of deer everyday on my commute to and from work. I think I've probably seen no more than 8-10 deer since last January.

While I'm OK with not having to duck and dodge them around every bend in the road, I think the Wis DNR needs to rethink their harvest limits during hunting season.

<FONT SIZE="-2">IMO, FWIW, YMMV, My $0.02, Yada, Yada, Yada...</FONT>

Back