Archive through November 14, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lbuttke

displayname
Lonny Buttke
Reggie W

Not without building your own mounting system

Blade
96966.jpg

Hitch for blade
96967.jpg

Keith, the advice is all good, the problem is when people suggest what I've already tried because I've failed to articulate what I have tried. My fear is that I'm gonna, or have come across as an arrogant boob!
blush.gif
icon_eek.gif
My apologies to any or all if this has been the case, I truly do appreciate the suggestions and advice.

Art, no comment needed from you.
roflol.gif

If Art can't say it...

Studs with nuts, arrogant boob... hmmm

Anyway, we all feel your frustration and my comment was towards the fact that if we were all closer I'm sure everyone here would want to be right there with you helping and urging you on to get it set right. We've either been where you are or will be soon. And even if we all don't know what we're doing (me <---) we still want to help.

We wouldn't think you were an arrogant boob unless you really did scream and throw your hands up during the video. Maybe not arrogant boob, but at the least just a boob.

That reminds me. A local classic country music station has some good billboards up. One has a big picture of Dolly Parton and reads... "Really BIG HITS!"

At this point, I think we all owe Kraig a large debt of gratitude for bring into focus the heretofore under discussed area of carburetor/governor linkage interaction. I expect at least a slideshow, if not a full action video on this at it's conclusion....
biggrin.gif

Thanks guy's......I was afraid it wouldn't fit. So far it's the only snow blade I have found in Texas and it's in my price range.......Just my luck.

Plow day throw back pics......

This is what ended up being plowed by the end of the day Sat.....

96975.jpg

96976.jpg

Wutzup you guys. Lookin good kraig
beerchug.gif
Have any of ya'll had any problems with the pump on the hydro rearend burnin up? I smell mine burnin up. I've been workin on a stone retaining wall for the last two weeks and movin around alot of stones, chat and rock. I'm using a small 6 ft single axle regular trailer and loading it to bout 1000 pounds. I guess this is too much for it. But I find that hard to believe... I have pulled trucks out of mud holes and yanked tree roots outa the ground with this thing b4. Theres NO FREAKIN WAY that 1500 pounds is burnin up the rearend.
1a_scratchhead.gif
confused.gif
censored.gif
uhoh.gif
Any thoughts? fan is good,got hy tran and new filter on it...

Tim- Swap it out for a gear drive tranny.

If it was overheated, maybe the fluid got scorched...Steve B. will let us know if that is possible or not.

Hey guys,
I have been working on my 1450. I have read Richard C.'S posts and comments concerning all the different things that he does to a Quietline tractor. I have taken the motor out along with every thing else. I did the rail modification, installed new iso mounts, and a Super steering uprade. I installed a new drive shaft, bushings front and rear, and a hydro fan. I also welded up the trunion bracket and installed new trunion springs and end caps. I also put new brake pads on. I checked out the hydro for leaks, and since I didn't see any signs of leaking,left that alone. I really didn't think I was up to doing a Hydro teardown yet(not very experienced). I will however change the Hy-tran and filter as soon as the new gasket and filter comes from my IH Dealer.
I just wanted to say how much I appreciate this forum and it's members. In a very short time, I have learned a great deal, and done things I would never dreamed of doing in the past. Faq's helped alot also. I have also talked with several of the sponsors as I ordered parts from them.
What a great group of people.
Well any way, Thanks to you all.
Brad Rainey

Tim, does your hydro look like this:

96989.jpg

Is the fan intact? Did mice build a nest on top of the hydro? Roasted mouse nests smell pretty bad.

Question: Are all Brinly sleeve hitches a standard width? I have found what appears to be a Brinly hitch on an old craftsman tractor. It looks the same as any other Brinly sleeve hitch I have seen on this forum but I don't have a tractor with the sleeve hitch adaptor.

Steve,
Great pictures and a wonderful reminder of what a great day it was.

Earlier this summer I posted some pictures of the restoration of a 126 that was given to me by a friend if I would restore his 106. The 126 hasn't progressed any since then but I did finally get going on the 106. Started it a few weeks ago and hope to have it finished soon. This is where it stands now.
97001.jpg

97002.jpg

Latest posts

Back