Archive through November 11, 2017

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here Ya go, Ron.
I got (I thought) a good deal on it from a dealer that was going out of business for $600. I'll bet it would have brought a bunch more at his auction.

They are made in Mashalltown IA. I think they are still in business. If you are serious about working on Cubs and really plan on getting into them, Go for it. Best $$ I ever spent since getting into these machines.

318141.jpg

Mr.Schwandt, SGT frame? Not sure what this is. How does the SGT frame compare to the frame on a 149? Is it only the length?

R.E.-i believe that David S is referring to Super Garden Tractor,SGT for short

R E Woods,

Scroll down 4 posts below yours to Steve Blunier's excellent post describing and illustrating the difference between a standard CC and a Super Garden Tractor (SGT) model.

Yeah, it was Steve that referred to the SGT. I don't even own one anymore.

The 1650 laid down on me today after finally getting it back on line was sitting idling and just quit. Wrecked the crank and flywheel. This thing has never ran very good and I have never had it apart other than replacing the pan and setting the timing, which, btw, was WAY off and I think I know now why!!
The piston is std. bore and is tight, looks good. very little carbon build up and it brushed right off. I have another crank and f/wheel. Will have to get it mic'ed to see if the throw is std. Maybe I can drop it right in and not have to pull the piston?? What do you guys think?

318202.jpg

318203.jpg

Just in case there's any doubt in your minds!!!

Cub weighs 2350lbs and was pulling 4050lbs with midwest super cub red spring and kevlar disc, other than that it is stock.

CLICK HERE

"Other than that, It's stock"
happy.gif

Damn, that's not pulling, it's dragging! Makes me want to change my tagline to "Get a Cub Cadet and let the Beast out of it".
happy.gif

Or maybe "Get the beast out of your Cub Cadet". <3

Latest posts

Back