Archive through November 11, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There are no spacers where the spindles attach to the axle on a 122 or a 123.
Spacers didn't start until the 108 in yellow & white, and the 482 in the red ones.

Cub Cadet number 25 or 30 or so came home with me Saturday night at 9pm. Price was definitely right on this smooth running 1450. No side panels, no attachments, just a cool comfy seat. The throttle is laying by the footrest by the brake. I think the guy was wishing he listed it for more $$ when his phone blew up with messages and calls from guys wanting it, I was surprised I was able to be the new owner.

After reassembling the dash, checking the motor mounts, and a little tune up I might put a 44" mower under this 1450 and mow paths at my dad's hunting land next summer. Or do I use the motor on my 149 build, hmmm decisions.

FYI - I currently only have a 122, MTD 1806, the motor-less 149 in pieces, and now this 1450

310848.jpg

Attachments

• 310848.jpg
    310848.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 137
  • 310848.jpg
    310848.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 145
Vincent T,

Congrats on the "CooL new comfy Seat"
thumbsup.gif

Nice score!!!

happy.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 133
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 131
  • thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 133
  • happy.gif
    happy.gif
    879 bytes · Views: 138
I found out what was causing the play in my steering wheel, its because theres end play in the front axle where it moves front to back, couple of shims and i guess it will remove that play.

Austin - Punch out the pivot pin and use a C clamp to close it up a little and probably put a new pin back in.
The pin gets a bad wear spot in them from use and lack of grease.
Sometimes they have to be cut out with a reciprocater saw.

Austin, I agree with Ken, as I've had to do the same on a couple. Dad's 1450 had only half the pivot pin left when I did the swap with an axle from a 1541. Glad I found it!
Vincent, nice score! I am a bit partial to 1450's...

Reposting for Levi W.

Ldweaver

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and first off I apologize for starting this thread in the wrong place but I'm sure how to start one in the correct forum. I just got a ih cub cadet 1450 that someone has replaced the engine with a Kohler K301. I want to put a bigger 14hp Kohler engine in it but I'm not sure if it will work. The motor I have is Kohler K321 A. Does anyone know if this will fit? I'm unable to load pictures of the Identification tags so I will just write them out. Engine tag says K321 A. (Serial) 2075054 (Spec No) 6099A. Tractor numbers are (serial no) 2050660U572111. It is a 1450 hydrostatic with hydraulic lift. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

Latest posts

Back