Archive through November 07, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did the taper pin repair on my 100 a couple years ago and after 2 years of mowing and plowing snow, it is just as tight as the day I repaired it.

PAUL - Did you know there's a company right here in SP & Watertown that makes a "Gator-style" mower blade? But they only deal with OEM's. If I understand their process correctly, they stamp & heat-treat the blades in Watertown and plasma coat the hard-coating on the underside of the cutting edge in their plant here in the SP Industrial park.

I've never replaced the blades on my 50C yet in the 13 yrs I've had it, but when I do it will get Gator's. I just need to get that last little bit of life out of the old blades. My 44A deck on my old 129 had pretty good blades on it when I got it and I ran them all 15 yrs I owned the tractor/mower. I'm not sure how many sets of blades I've put on my old 38" deck, but I think either 5 or 6 sets in 32 yrs.

My Buddy put a set of "Meg-Mow" blades on a 72" deck on his little Allis compact 5020 diesel's mower last winter. I haven't talked to him specifically about them but they must do O-K or I'd have heard about it by now.

Hey, Harry - - -

264540.jpg
happy.gif

Frank - yes I can see, but I don't see those "side by each" 169 pics. (under edit) Forget the taper pin - just stick with original design and go oversized. Then you don't need a reamer.

Harry B

better go back on Kraigs link and you will see the tapered reamer that is needed to slide in the tapered pin . I have the reamer over here and a few pins. I did want to repair my 100 before I send it back to Frank. I will get it done soon and return the reamer or buy another.

Don T - goldangit, guess I jumped over some posts. I see Frank was calling out a taper pin and even posted a pic. Forget the reamer and forget the taper pin. Stick with the original design and just go BIGGER if you have to.

Harry: The eyeball is from a promise to Paul B.
The taper pin repair is mainly a result of an old suggestion on this forum that seemed like a good idea so I tried it and (Mike) I'm not disappointed.
There's a lot of good suggestions here to be tried! Case in point, I've got 2 replaceable element gas filters to be installed (someday). I think they were Dennis's suggestion.
Keep the reamer, Don. I'm close to getting a couple used ones - both a #7 and a #8. If 7 is good, 8 should be better, shouldn't it?
happy.gif

Slow, chilly day, here. I'm a bit bummed. The guy that bought the 149 from me about a month ago-my age and a Vietnam Vet-died a couple days ago from a massive heart attack. He'd been captured, tied to a tree, sticks stuck in his ears and left for dead. He survived, but lost his hearing. He'd just recently got hearing aids that enabled him to carry on a conversation and we were on the verge of becoming mutual interest friends. I'd left this website's address on the inside of the ammo/tool box and he was going to check it out. He was running his backhoe "Buttercup" when he died, so was doing something he loved to do, at least. Talked to his wife and she said he had everything ready for winter (they'd recently moved here from NJ), so she's OK for now in that respect. Bad news, bad news, bad news. Allen's videos are a nice relief - especially the horse pooping on the girl's head!
happy.gif

I have 682 Cub with 17hp Kohler, Just replae coil and wires but tractor won't start. Have power all the way through the coil. anyone got any ideals?

I've been thinking of putting a stack on my 1000 but I've had bad experiences with them in the past on other tractors. They seem to fry the valves. Am I doing something wrong ? Or isit just a coincidence ? I've seen lots with them

Latest posts

Back