Archive through November 03, 2006

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cellis

displayname
Craig Ellis
OK. I went out to my garage and got two quart bottles of CC Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid - one with the red stripe, part number 737-3025 and one with the old red and white Cub Cadet label that says Hydraulic/Transmission Fluid. Neither say hy-tran anywhere but both have the same part number - 737-3025. Now it seems to me the last time I changed fluid I bought gallons and it DID say Hy-Tran on the container. So, is this the HOLY STUFF? Part number 737-3025??? I'm not putting anything in this cub but the real thing but I'm not sure the girl at the parts counter is really that up to speed, etc.

Charlie, Dennis

Thanks for the advice and I forgot to metion that I also ordered tubes to go with them. I think I'll load them while I'm at it.
bubbly.gif

Im going to try to post a few pics of my new stack and adjustable wheelie bars made out of a section of a mule drive,tell me what you guys think,it sounds awsome and is relitivly quiet at idol.

43763.jpg

43764.jpg

43765.jpg

Ken - I think you ought to make those stacks for sale. Very nifty.

I wonder what duel stacks on my 782 would look like and sound like,I wouldnt mind to try it but hate the thought of cutting my hood or side panels,PS have scared the crapsman and jds in my neighborhood I believe
jawdrop.gif

Digger,Im not sure,its a male on one end and a female on the other,It wasnt hard to fab up I just cut the exaust tip off my iroc-z"not a big fan of megs on cars" and went to the ace hardware and bought a 1" plate for the bottom of stack and a 45 and a 90m/f and a couple nipples and some welding and thats all.It doesnt shake like my stack on my 102,seems alot lighter,can get you close ups if you need them. kenny.
43768.jpg

PS,It can be removed in place of original pepper pot in about 5 minites.

Hey guys dont mean to keep on about the stack but I believe that an original size pepper pot muffler would fit on the inside of the stack,could possably be welded to the plate before the stack pipe is welded on for those who wants one really quiet,"just thinking ou loud" whitch gets me in trouble sometimes
whistling.gif

Thanks digger I can seem to rely on you to keep me straight,kinda like my big brothers do but they hit me sometimes,I like your method better.
bottom.gif

Graig,
I would make sure to double check onthat part number as you do not want to be putting the trans oil for a new MTD cub cadet in the older IH cub cadets or the other way around.
From what I was told it can cause all sorts of problems in the hydro pump / rearends.

Ok So I am interested in installing a Brinly sleeve hitch on the bottom of my tiller gearbox plate so I don't have to replace it with the normal bottom plate if I want to change back and forth from sleeve hitch implements to using my tiller.

So I could do either of two things: I could cut the lift bar on the sleeve hitch to clear the plate/gearbox and weld a link closer to the hitch pin to attach a chain to lift the hitch. The hitch clears in all directions except for the bar where the lift rods attach.

Or I could try to figure out how to add some extensions onto the legs of the sleeve hitch to gain the clearance I need.

What say ye?

Jason H.
There's a guy on the registry that makes a Brinly style sleeve hitch adaptor that works with the tiller gearbox left on the tractor.

Jason H.
The sleeve hitch was lengthen 2-3 inches.
You need to make lift rod longer by the same amount. Here is a picture:
43786.jpg

Before anyone ask where it the tiller drive pulley is-It gets remove and gear box is turn 90 degrees (facing out the back)to run this:
43787.jpg

43788.jpg

It takes 2 pins, lift rod, and pto shaft to install/remove Haban mower.

BRIAN B. - I know lots of people load antifreeze & windshield washer fluid into tubeless tires but I really don't believe tubeless tires for these low PSI & low speed tires is a good idea. I've had tubeless tires on the front of one or two Cub Cadets and if You get a low tire and try to turn the tire falls off the bead. Then it will never stop leaking.

Ken M: Charlie is correct. The 90* fitting at the bottom of your stack is a 'street 90'.

45* and 90* fittings that have one male end, and one female end are called 'street 45' and 'street 90'. The terminology is the same for black pipe (gas pipe) galvanized (water pipe) sweat fittings (copper that is soldered) and PVC used for plumbing (both CPVC and DWV).

Just a little FYI
thumbsup_old.gif

Dale and Jason...

That setup is the same as I have.... My father added length to the sleeve hitch so he could swap the moldboard to the tiller quickly. The lift point needs to be moved towards the tractor to keep the same lift ratio...
43800.jpg

I also have a sickle bar, made out of a Planet mechanism that mounts like what is in the picture... needs some tweaking, tho...
43801.jpg

I got some new Carlisle All Trail Tires for my baby. Had some concerns about the Ag's and tear'in up my lawn, also wanted to be able to go backards. She's almost ready for winter. Got 160 lbs. on the back. Still gotta put on my wheel weights.
43804.jpg

Latest posts

Back