• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through November 02, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbaker

displayname
jeff l baker
Thanks, Charlie, and I do have state farm.

I've got a few mower decks here and they all need new blades. I've been searching all over the net and on the Cub forums trying to find the part numbers for the needed blades with no luck.

I can't make heads or tails from the parts number in the manuals either.

Can anyone help me with part numbers and a good source to purchase online please?

Here's my deck's numbers:

422U1113
501U1112
44A Rotary Mower: 03200174U026047
422U1111

We have State Farm, but it was a lot easier and a whole bunch cheaper to insure them through Hagerty. A whole bunch cheaper. I really like State Farm and how they've treated us, but they just weren't in the ballpark when it came to insuring our Cub Cadets.

ATT: Jim Patchett (Jpatchett)

THANKS!!! Exactly what I was trying to find!

Thanks again!

Jim

Paul F.
99.9% of use don't have the high dollar stuff you do,
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 142
Doug A.
Long ago they had a copper washer, but I think they now come with a fiber type washer.
300143.jpg

Attachments

• 300143.jpg
    300143.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 300143.jpg
    300143.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 162
Day #3 for my 149 TOMCAT. It's off to the CAR WASH for TOMCAT's bath today. QUESTION: Underneath and attached to a Lift Mechanism horizontal shaft is a 2-bladed Solenoid device that would energize should the shaft be rotated. No wires to the blades. Wuzzup guys? (I'm working on Posting Pics..really. Locomotiveman TOM

Tom S.

If you look around this site, under Topics you can find a section that contains Manuals, and another that contains Wiring Diagrams.

The 149 had two safety switches, one for the neutral position (brake applied), and one for the PTO (disengaged), in the starter circuit. The Manual should show the location of each.

Also, there is a porous plug breather in the top of the rear end. You might want to cover it before the bath.

Tom S with the new to you 149 TOMCAT - I see Ken F provided you some good info, but I also know you're really just finding your way around this site. If you go back to the opening page for the entire Forum and scroll down the list of Topics you will find one titled "Manuals" and one titled "Wiring Diagrams" (almost at the bottom of the list). To find the Operator Manuals and Service Manuals for your 149 you need to select the Manuals thread, then select either of these, then select "1x8-9" to get to the manual for your 149.

To help you understand, your Model 149 is part of what we call the "1x8-9 Series". This includes the Models 108, 109, 128, 129, 149, 169 and 86. Model numbers in this series that end with 8 and 6 are gear drive tractors. Model numbers in this series that end with 9 are hydrostatic. All these models are covered in the same operator and service manuals.

When you go to the Wiring Diagrams thread it will give you 2 choices. The top one is a really large pdf file covering almost every Cub Cadet ever built, by IH or by Cub Cadet Corp. The other one you can select is Roland's Fancy Colored Wiring Diagrams. When you open this you'll see a list to scroll thru that provides a schematic for each of the IH Cub Cadet models. You may have to open this a few times in order to get all of the models to open. When I open it most of the time I just get a little square box with a X in it for many of the models, so I try and try to open it until I get the model to show that I need. Today I can't get the 1x8-9 diagram to open but I think you'll also find it in the Service Manual itself.

If you're like me my computer is a long distance from my tractor, and I still like having a paper copy close by, so I'd still recommend getting one from one of the sponsors.

Hope this kinda helps.

Harry and Ken, You fellas are reading my mind, I am ordering Manuals within the Hour. TOMCAT got it's bath. 'Upon Closer Inspection', TOMCAT's been touched up with rattle can spray paint here and there, but nicely masked etc. The Cozy Cab probably should be Powder Coat re-painted. QUESTIONS:First, Piano Hinges for Hood and Cab's Dash segment appear NoFix rusty. Best to buy stock Piano Hinge from Tractor Supply and R/R em'?? Secondly, beneath frame, the 1"/Dia Horizontal lift shaft that's set-screwed to a Hyd. Cylinder's Arm has been recently Wire-feed welded to it's bushing. Is that a common FIX on a Cub's weak point? Now Manuals. Locomotiveman Tom

Tom CHOO-CHOO with the TOMCAT 149 - I may have been reading your mind but now the brain signals are getting all mixed up. I'm not familiar with the Cozy Cab assembly and don't know what Tractor Supply has for piano hinge. If you need to replace the hood hinge on the 149 I'd recommend going to one of the sponsors for the OEM replacement. It's not the strongest hinge but if you open and close the hood carefully the replacement will last a long time - probably 20 years minimum.

Also, be careful removing the upper screws from the hood hinge. They are installed in the aluminum upper grill housing sometimes called hood extension, and they tend to strip out the threads in the aluminum.

Now, on your discussion about the 1" dia lift shaft and set screws - I wish you could post pics. I think some rust may be obscuring your vision. What you may think to be set screws are actually IH doubled roll pins, sometimes called spirol pins. I'm not sure what's been welded but don't know of anything in this area having a common welding fix. Sometimes one of the roll pins will break or twist and result in no lift on the lift arm effected. It's a real PIA to fix these and someone may have decided welding was better than a proper repair. Pics are gonna be worth 10,000 words here.

Charlie - I almost wish you hadn't posted that pic of the welding glob.

Tom CHOO-CHOO - I was afraid of what the pic shows. The lift arm bracket has welded to the round shaft probably because the roll pin failed, and welding is a quick fix.

I can also see in the pic there is no wiring to the safety start switch. I'd guessing someone installed a jumper wire across the wire connector.

It's not getting to the time for you to tell us what your intensions are for this tractor. Is it a worker and what work do you plan. I don't like to see the weld on the lift arm and even being a glob I suppose it would hold up to using for most things. My preference is to see these tractors completely restored to like new - so they'll work for another mostly problem free 40 years.

It actually looks like a new spirol pin!
300168.jpg

Attachments

• 300168.jpg
    300168.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 191
  • 300168.jpg
    300168.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 190
Oooh, what a weld.
facepalm.gif

It looks like where a chicken has been!
roflol.gif

Attachments

• facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    898 bytes · Views: 139
  • roflol.gif
    roflol.gif
    4.4 KB · Views: 142
Charlie - yes, it does look like a fairly new roll pin, and the hole it's in looks a little ovaled.

Tom CHOO-CHOO - wish I would have proof read my last posting. (I meant to say "now" where I posted "not"). What are your actual intentions for this tractor?

Ooh, and by the way I think Charlie is just down the road a piece from you in Park Rapids, not far from the head waters of the Mississippi River (Lake Itasca). He runs an "internet only" business as far as I know so he doesn't accept walk-in customers. I had heard he's open around mid-nite tho for really quite customers
biggrin.gif

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 143
He's down the road from me about 150 miles.
biggrin.gif

For an internet business, it seems there's a lot of walk in customers since the new building went up.
I think they just want to look at what's inside, LOL

Attachments

• biggrin.gif
    biggrin.gif
    419 bytes · Views: 141

Latest posts

Back