• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through November 02, 2015

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry, For next week TOMCAT will get new fluids, filters and fuel line etc. Then I deer hunt.'Upon Closer Inspection' I now feel Cab removal then tear-down and Sandblast n Paint is in order. Starts/Runs great; Smooth Hydro etc etc. Locomotiveman Tom

"For an internet business, it seems there's a lot of walk in customers since the new building went up. I think they just want to look at what's inside, LOL"

Guilty as charged! But it was worth the risk of getting shot for trespassing - it's an amazing setup. But my son-in-law, grandson, and I must have caught him on a good day when we stopped in last July, because he even gave us a going away gift (to go away so he could get back to work!).

Thanks again, Charlie, for allowing us to see your operation, up close & personal.

Real quick question.
Will the sub-frame for a 42" narrow frame quick attach snow blade fit on a 100?
I know they are different, but will it work OK?

Cool!
Thanks Kraig!
thumbsup.gif

Attachments

• thumbsup.gif
    thumbsup.gif
    150 bytes · Views: 111
Greg L - I assume you must have arrived after mid-nite. His web site says he's busy in the mornings (I guess that's after mid-nite) getting shipments ready and afternoon is best time to call. What size buckshot was his going away gift?
Shotgun.gif

Tom CHOO-CHOO - before you jump to far I'd click the red letter link above and have a read thru all 29 of the IH Cub Cadet FAQ's. Then once you're done reading these I'd click the red letter CUB FAQ link at the top of page for the "IH Cub Cadet FAQ's" and look thru the list of 98 different FAQ's. There is a TON of information that applies to your 149. It will certainly help you understand what you're looking at. Without having some experience and use of a Cub Cadet it will be hard to know if stuff is good and operates properly once it's tore down. I like your idea of changing the fluids, but then I'd recommend removing your cab and using the tractor. I'd even install the mowing deck and see if it operates well, if it can be leveled, if it moves up and down and stays level. If the PTO engages and dis-engages (you might have a blade/brake PTO that stops the blades on the deck when you dis-engage). Drive the tractor around without the cab, up and down some slopes, and see if she slows down or speeds up on it's own. Put the tractor in neutral and leave the brake off while you're sitting on the tractor, and see if it starts to creep in either direction after sitting for a couple minutes. This will help tell you if the hydro itself is in good condition before you go removing the fenders and get a look at the trunion and linkage.

Another suggestion is if you could tie up directly with someone else in your area that has a 149 or similar unit and get a 2nd hands on opinion. I see you're not far from Charlie in the soon to be Frozen Tundra area -brrrrrrrrr

Attachments

• Shotgun.gif
    Shotgun.gif
    14.4 KB · Views: 115
posting for Tom new picture of old tomcat

300189.jpg

Attachments

• 300189.jpg
    300189.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 113
  • 300189.jpg
    300189.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 131
Jeeze!! Thanks Jeff...and others. My eyes R still crossed with the {{ stuff. I shall retreat to the Sandbox and attempt some PICS. Locomotiveman Tom

Locomotive Tom.... Keep putting the TOMCAT pictures here. That's where they belong. And Fancy loves what you've named your tractor.
300195.gif

Attachments

• 300195.gif
    300195.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 108
  • 300195.gif
    300195.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 123
Whew!! I finally got a Picture to Attach. I put it in Refurb Forum. (OK..I ended up with 2 Pics). Ain't I smart...now how did I DO that.Hmm My Windows 7 needs me to use 'Paint' app to re-size. Locomotiveman Tom

Latest posts

Back