• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 31, 2016

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I "think" it's documented that I know how to split a wide frame, I have the tools (also documented) and hopefully the thing should come apart again without frozen bolts and such. I appreciate the input. As much as I would like to restore the 149, the plan is to do the swap of hydraulics to the 129. Seems a shame, but I'll have to replace that almost new pump gasket.. Once I've got the swap done, I'll look into rebuilding the K321 and parting out what's left of the 149...

Matt - I don't have a count of how many tractors I've split but I can tell you it's more than a few. I've decided if all I'm doing is replacing the infamous gasket then I usually don't spit the tractor, unless I can't get it reasonably clean before hand, or I know it's just filthy.

In Gerry's situation he's got 2 tractors. If it hasn't been that long since he replaced the gasket on the 129 pump then it's probably still fairly clean and I wouldn't split it. And the 149 he's taking the pump off may just end up being a parts unit so why split it. Just clean up the pump after it's off - and I also mentioned having a good look at the trunion before re=installing.

So Matt, I probably haven't done as many tractors as you have, and I know the clearances are tight if you don't. You'll be banging your fingers up but it can be done and I think saves a couple hours time. In the end it just depends on the situation and preferences.

Gerry - let us know how and what you do.

Harry - will do. Note to all - just got an email from Harry, with the manual for putting the lift in a 169, that just made planning a whole lot easier - Thanks, Harry!. Can't find that gem in the Manuals section...

With the opportunity to have the 129 pretty far apart, I'll be starting a list for Charlie to fill, not as much as if I were doing the 149, but pretty sure that my 25 year old "fixes" on the drive line (for instance the welded up and recut drive cup on the engine) are in need of attention.

Meanwhile, I've got to go out in the back yard and do some grading -with the 129, of course...
Shift.gif

Attachments

• Shift.gif
    Shift.gif
    3.1 KB · Views: 126
Hey Guys,

I think I'm ready to try this again, but a little gun shy.

Please share your thoughts or questions.

304965.jpg

The gauge squeaks on the pressure spring, and does not rock on the inset ridge.

304966.jpg

Bolts look to be near right about a half of thread difference on one bolt.

Thank you

Bill

Attachments

• 304965.jpg
    304965.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 304966.jpg
    304966.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 118
  • 304965.jpg
    304965.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 130
  • 304966.jpg
    304966.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 133
Bill R.
If it squeaks on all 3 sides and all 3 bolts are tight(you can't turn them or one is loose on the nuts side and they all feel about right on the tightness), Your good to go!

The amount of threads showing means nothing with PTO's, because the castings are pretty much all different.

Also a question about a trailer. I'm sure this was got at the IH dealer sometime in the mid 70's.

304970.jpg

Does this look like an IH or off topic trailer

304971.jpg

I do not recall it ever having fenders

Thanks again.

Bill

Attachments

• 304970.jpg
    304970.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 155
  • 304971.jpg
    304971.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 132
  • 304970.jpg
    304970.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 156
  • 304971.jpg
    304971.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 128
Thanks Charlie,

I did not try to turn them, I'll give that a try later today. See how they feel.

Bill

Bill, while it does not appear to be an <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> trailer, it's possible that it was made by the same manufacturer that made the <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> trailers as it does seem to have some similarities with the #2 and #4 <FONT COLOR="ff0000">I</FONT><FONT COLOR="000000">H</FONT> trailers.

#2 IH Trailer Manual
#4 IH Trailer Manual

Jesse: had some internet problems with storms here in Texas reason I did not respond yesterday. Appreciate the response, but still need a little more info on what all I would need to adapt the 44" deck to my 1250. Any idea where I might find parts? It looks like I would also need some way to align the mule belt as the drive pulley will be off center. I found some parts lists, but no numbers just NLA, which I presume means No Longer Available. I guess I will just have to give up the idea, and maybe use the parts for spare. Thanks again.

Latest posts

Back