Archive through May 31, 2011

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rpatton

displayname
Rich Patton
Jerry ,if you have a 50" or 44" (round on left side) the mule drive pulleys are angled since the center deck drive pulley is not in the center of the deck hanger like the older 38 42 or 48" decks.

If you run a tiller you will need an older 42 48" mule drive with streight pulleys

will a clutch pulley off of an IH 147 14hp kohler fit on an IH 86 12hp Kohler? I've been told they are interchangeable, is this true?

Brandon W the 147 is a hydro and does not have a clutch the 86 is a gear drive with a 8 horse motor. Also two different frame styles make these two different beast, what part number are you refering to

Nice! Lucky guy Daniel. I do like the wide tires on that one.... 70 or a 100? Enjoy your new toys....errrr...work tractors!

I'm located in Charlestown, RI and am always interested in meeting others with a common interest...

Robert Kline, I'm in New Bedford, MA. Not really "next door" but I'm sure we could plan a get together! I know of 1 or 2 others in Rhode Island on here from time to time... Let me know what you'd like to do!

Brandon W.
If your talking about the PTO pulley/PTO basket, yes it will interchange.
225809.jpg

Charlie, you all right!!
smile.gif
worthy.gif

If anybody talks bad about Charlie, I'll be the first to say they're full of what's hittin' the fan.
fan.gif

The sorry grammar was intentional! LOL

Shift.gif

Seems like we have a decent crowd tonight so-
How does a creeper come off the input shaft on an ORIGINAL?
ROD

Rodney ,if it doesn`t pull right off the small pin has probably worn into the drive hub inside the creeper kind of like a drive shaft on a 149 does in the engine coupling.
turn it and then try

Rodney,
I'm not sure, but if you'll GIVE it to me I'll find out!
lol.gif

I'm sure some of the genuises will be able to tell you when they get up in the morning. Charlie may still be up keeping guard!
correct%20police.gif

Dave P

Can't help you out...I'm a hydro guy...

Harry,

Found my 1650 about ten miles north of Couer d'Alene. And I'm not really using a BFH on my poor old deck. It's not that bad except that the center arbor is sloppy and I haven't pulled it apart to find out what bearings it needs.

Just went and grabbed a like-new Haban sickle I've had stashed away for awhile...it was meant for a Gilson/MW but I think it can be lightly-modified to use on the 1650. Perfect for mowing ditches. That's the #1 project for the 1650 right now.

Sent you a link for a 1450 on your side of the Cascades. Wouldn't mind picking it up but not this time.....oh, the e-mail/nickname was hung on me a long time ago when I was foolish enough to think I could make a living on saddlebroncs and bareback horses...dumb and dumber.

1a_scratchhead.gif

RICH,
Don't have any pictures to post of the setup, do you? I've never seen one apart.
ROD

Guess what followed me home today? I finally got an IH 682. I purchased it from the second owner along with a 44" deck. H42 blower, and a 1A tiller. The blower saw more use than either the tiller or the mower. Everything is in solid working order except for a couple of glitches with the tractor. The charging system doesn't appear to be working at all with the same being said for much of the electrical system. I'm certainly hoping that it is not the stator.

SYMPTOMS-- Starting with a fresh battery the ammeter shows -0- or just below, the second I turn on the PTO clutch it goes into the negative area of the gauge. I was able to cut about an hour or so before the battery wasn't strong enough to keep the deck running and the engine shortly thereafter.

Is there a PDF wiring diagram that someone could send me? If this has been covered in a different thread, please point me there. Thanks

Holy smokes, while mowing the back 40 with my 105 today the spark plug blew out. From the sound I expected to see the connecting rod sticking through the case. The PO had wedged in a the wrong plug but since it always ran fine I did not check it. What a cob job. There were 2 metal gaskets as well. Anyway I need a new head now. Maybe a thread insert if I can find one. I am not sure a helicoil is the best way to go or if there is even enough meat left.
Anyway...
When I pulled the head I noticed the piston clearance and measured it to .031 from the side of the piston with one side of the piston on the wall and the gap on the opposing side. The piston seems to ride on one side or the other depending on the up or down stroke. Is .031 acceptable?

Joshua S.
Look around the site a little and you might find the Topics section. It might accidentally have Wiring Diagrams and Manuals in it too.

Well I should have looked before asking but from the service manual it looks like the maximum out of round is .005
Looks like there is more work to do than I had hoped.

Bob H - there is one large sealed bearing (No. ST-745) in that center spindle, and it's held in place betweetn 2 cups. Well, the lower one is a large cup and the upper is pretty much flat. If you're lucky the cup may have rounded out or loosened up allowing the bearing to sorta float in there. It could also be the pulley itself. Sometimes the key will slip out allowing the pulley to wallow out of round. It's not a difficult disassembly. If it is the bearing it will cost you more than the tractor. Might find a decent used one around.

Hydro Harry
Old Cubs Never Die - but they do need some tinkering.

Latest posts

Back