Archive through May 25, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Frank, Harry must have a "CD" 169..

Hydros are girls,,, manuals are boys

do I need to show you the difference???

Jeff - may be it was a slip of the tongue or something. I just figured the 169 had to be the KING of the Hydros.

Hey guys,

Got around to making the hole for the "maintenance minder".
My advise from the main forum "most gauges are 2 inch" is NOT CORRECT.
The gauge measures 2.062". Sometimes I wish people would actually check before they spout advise $%#@.
I used an adjustable hole cutting jig to size the hole @ 2.094". Still not sure what the EXACT factory hole size is, but it works.

With all the rain, I've been getting some good progress on getting the previous owners hack jobs fixed.
I'll post some pictures when it is more than a frame and a pile of parts.

Hey Rick - I just gotta ask - if you had the facility (a 3" mike or a $12.00 Harbor Fright digital caliper) to measure it, why'd you ask in the first place? Most hole saws are gonna give you at least that much slop on a 2" hole any way (unless you are using chassis punches, and I've never seen a set of 2.093 punches either).... just askin' , ya know - and the reason for the Face Palm after you asked in the first place.. I think you owe a Forum member an apology (JMHO)

Gerry, what he originally asked for was the placement of the hole not the hole size...

<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

By Rick beem (Rbeem) on Saturday, May 25, 2013 - 02:01 pm:

Frank,
I saw that reply, I was looking for some more information.
The hole size is not my concern, rather distances from the edges of the panel to the hole center etc..

A good picture that I could scale is good enough.<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Gerry,

Maybe I should have been more clear. I was looking for "IH correct" specifications so I could duplicate the factories work.
I am a machinist by trade, and have pretty much a machine shop in my garage, so I could make a square peg fit in a round hole so to speak.

I mean well and have been active here since 1997, (old forum). Same year I got married and my Grandpa gave me his Original.
I don't think I hurt anyones feelings. If I did....uh.....sorry?
Just looking for <u>accurate</u> information. I'm picky....I admit it.

169 hour meter hole is dead on 2 3/16" wide.
258994.jpg

The 169 hour meter measures dead on 2".
Both measurements taken from NOS parts.

Rick and Kraig.... I stand by what I said... Note that in the end, the complaint wasn't about the LOCATION of the hole (I saw that), it was the SIZE given... And saying people "spout advise $%#@." pretty much implies a less than complimentary description... Enough! - I'm headed back back to the main Forum .....
sorry.gif

Charlie,

I see 2 3/32" on that tape.
Thank you for digging through your stock. Good solid info by your picture (maybe not the tape reading)

Gerry,
Yes, I did complain about the hole size. It was not right. If an opinion requires thought, shouldn't a measurement require measuring?

Actually I was busy and the wife did the work.

Of course by your tone towards everyone, you'd bitch if you were hung with a new rope!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back