Archive through May 21, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kraig -

A Google for "big bud" will get you something like this ! ! ! !

I don't think they are from The Big Sky Country. Although 20 or 30 years ago I did <strike>see</strike> hear about some "Big Sky Sticks" ! ! ! !

<center>
18981.jpg
18982.jpg
</center>

I got it off!! I used two big pry bars and the bolts that hold the front shroud on as fulcrums. Popped right off. Bearing came off with the 2 finger puller- it is rusty and binding up; which apparently is the root of all my problems...ehhem- well, maybe not all my problems...

Thanks for the help!

jim

Art-
You're going to like a bearing seperator from OTC MUCH MUCH more than one from Northern, BTDT, have the bent pieces.
happy.gif

Speaking of Versatile tractors . . . .
One mention that the design of Green 4wd tractors drastically changed after the boys in Moline tried buying Versatile and you'll get an immediate "hey, we didn't steal their design" . . . . 'then again just about every other 4wd ended up being built like a Versatile too.

Ever notice that old Versatile tractors don't ever have added ballast??! Check out the frame, it's built in!

Yep, and a Cylinder Tine Seperator was an innovation too
biggrin.gif

I'll have to snap some pictures of one of the meanest 835's with an 855 Cummins this weekend.

I have a LOT better luck with a 3-jaw slide hammer puller than anything.

Tedd,
You see teddy bears on your way to work? Must be a nice relaxing feeling.

Ranger,Kraig-
lol.gif
Naughty boys!

Kraig-Nick's diesel is a really nice tractor,isn't it? If you don't already know what he paid for it you might not want to ask him,you may cry.

I am new to this so be kind and don't laugh too hard at me when I ask this question. I am learning a lot by reading the forum but I do have a long way to go.
Many writers refer to a wide frame or narrow frame CC but I don't know what is wide or narrow. Could someone explain which ones are wide and which ones are narrow.
I have a 129 Hydro.
Thanks
elamott

Earl-

You have one of the most popular of the wide frame models.

Kevin-

And the earth brought forth grass, and herb yielding seed after his kind, and the tree yielding fruit, whose seed was in itself, after his kind: and God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:11 (Seeds ??? Ptooie. Nasty, as I recall. But then my memory just isn't that good ! ! ! ! )

Earl -- welcome aboard -- you have a wide frame. The frame on the narrow frame cubs wont have the "swelled" out frame like your 129 at the engine location.

Ken-Shoot me an e-mail so I can get a current on ya.

I got some pics of RB from w-a-a-a-a-y back when and that wasn't no seedy sh*t he was a tokin' ! !

Prolly ought to head for the garage with this nonsense.

Hello all
I've on &off this forum over the years. It's been a great help keeping my baby a running smooth. My latest quest is to install a hydro lift to my 1250. I managed to get all the parts needed except for some mounting brackets. I did a search of the archives to see if there had been a diagram posted by anyone and was unable to find one. Could someone post a diagram of the lift. Or Which manual would have those images. My service manual does not.

Thanks Paul

Anyone heard from Travis since last night's storms? It looked pretty bad up that way. Funnel clouds near here too, but none touched down that I know of locally. Just about 2" rain and some quarter sized hail. Keeps me busy mowing lawn these days!
happy.gif

I could use that trailer Nick has behind his 782D to clean up the downed twigs and branches on the lawn!

Paul -- take a look in the forsale section of the classifieds at the hydro lift pic I have. It's for a wide frame and has all the parts shown except 2 and you can see what you have missing. Hopefully it wont be the 2 that I don't have a pic of.
happy.gif
Then you can let us know what's missing.

From what I read about the tornados it wasn't a plesant night last night in IA. At least it said there were now deaths.

Does anyone have the bolt hole layout of a spool valve bracket for a 1250--- or comparible wide frame ? Need to fab. one up to complete my hydraulic lift conversion.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back