• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 20, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcmay

displayname
Dan May
Jeremiah,
I tried to send you an E-Mail but failed.
Dan

Charlie, I sure don't mean to imply the QL to be added any time soon. I had a weird thought the reason had something to do with the fact that the International Quite Lines no longer had the IH stamp on the cap screws. I never got around { yet } to looking closely at an 82 Series either. I enjoy much of my time in the FAQ sections of this web site, thank you!

I can't guess the reason IH did that, if it meant anything at all. My first International Cub Cadet garden tractors were 5 narrow frames, all before I received 2 Quiet Lines with in the last year. So the story is new to me.

side note: My 1450 has a oil fill tube which goes along the Kohler K321 block, and then 90#'s into the bottom of the block. I believe I have the early QL model with cast iron hydrostatic transmission, cast iron grill housing with upper aluminum nose cone, and the 3/4 inch steering spindles.

Q: How come on some Quiet Line models, I see another location for the oil fill tube?

Q: Is Cub Cadet Specialties web site open for orders? Going to place an order this year for some items, planning ahead.

Your aftermarket rubber mounts to replace the factory ISO mounts seem like they are holding up great so far on my 1450! I made a search about some of the discussions, and you stated you had about 200 hours { then } on your QL 1450 before the fire, and performance was great.

John L.
If it's not, there on average, 26 boxes a day going some where.
biggrin.gif

Hey Guys - I've been away a few days but did manage to get some seat time (and a dang hard seat with a pad). Here's a really rare pic of me on a Gear Drive Model 70.
286703.jpg

hey geardrive Harry, whats that extra sticker say

You know how to work that thing?? It's neither a 169/Hydro/wide frame.

Well my 1450 being DOA with a cross threaded spark plug gave me a few things to deal with. As previously posted, the 14 got to ride behind its big brother back to the shop. Tonight I finally decided to start in. I purchased a set of iso mounts for it last november-ish. I figured while it was down I may as well replace those. So I pulled the engine, pulled the head and did some looking around. Would love to do more hydraulics and pwr steering while its apart, but the whole time and money thing... not to mention this is now my front line mower. That being said, I need to get the head fixed and mounts replaced so I can get back to the original problem.

Like many of the old houses I've worked on, the question is, where to stop? I found a lot of carbon build up on the piston head and valves. What do I do about this? Surely a guy doesn't just leave it, but how does one go about cleaning without contaminating the engine with that crap? Advise needed!

Figured I would show pix of my 5 minute setup for an engine hoist. It consists of a come-along, piece of 1/2" black iron pipe, and a chain repair link.
286714.jpg
286715.jpg
286716.jpg

I usually just hit that carbon on those parts with a wire wheel on a 4.5" angle grinder. Then blow it all off with compressed air when done.

HARRY - There's HOPE for you yet! Where's the air cleaner at on that 70?

JOHN L. - In an effort to open up more markets to IHC West Pullman Plant in WP, IL, IH changed from the IH trademark to the "WP" for West Pullman on the later CC's and ANY other piece of IH equipment the WP plant made hardware for. Many companies didn't care to use IH bolts, but WP was O-K. As in most companies I've worked for, "Outside Money" was ALWAYS better than dealing with sister companies or divisions.

TRENT P. If you had done a search on "carbon removal", you'd have found all the discussions we've had on that topic, and found out that running your engine (if it runs) and spraying in some water in the carb on a warm engine would have removed most of the carbon from the combustion chamber. It would not have let all kinds of small hard carbon bits get down between the piston & cylinder wall. But now, wire brush away.

So my wife was talking to the neighbor lady the other day and she was hoping to get a garden in. I said not a problem. You will have a garden tomorrow.
What luck is that!? Perfect timing to test the 782!
buttrock.gif

286753.jpg

286754.jpg

286755.jpg

286756.jpg

Looks like fun Shultzie! Nice looking set up you have there.

Thanks for the info. I forgot to do the search, but no matter, it is in no running condition.

Harry you must be back in Connecticut cause here it is without the Harry...
Is that a Curtis cab on that ?

Looking good Shultzie!

286762.jpg

DENNIS F.- Thank you for the information. I had thought indifferently about the WP trademark on the Quiet Line hardware, where now I learned something today about IHC!

side note: I had planed to dig out both ends of my ditch driveway culvert using the International Cub Cadet 72, spade shovel, and wagon trailer,...but rain for today. Looking for nice weather this Memorial Day Holiday!

Harry is regreting that photo op,,,,I have a pocket full of nickles

JEFF - I sure don't know why Harry would regret running a 70/100. They have to be one of the best CC's ever made. Our old 70 went thru Heck and back, and is still really tight, tighter than my 72 in fact. Last count the 70 had wore out FIVE K161/181 engines and is working on a K241 now.

I'd smile if I was running a tractor like that!

Trent P - you get yourself over on the FAQs and do some searching before you ask any questions (even quick questions) else Dennis F will talk down to you and/or tear your head off for asking...
bottom.gif

BTW - WELCOME to the forum, IMHO - the 1450 is a GREAT tractor!!!

SHULTSIE!!!!!!!!!!! GREAT pics of the plowing! Hub caps look good too!

Harry B - nice pic with the 70. Quick question - did you have to use the window cleaner on the rest of the windows....
1a_scratchhead.gif

Do-Da = I had to get some seat time in while I was there. How did you get that pic?

Jeff, Dennis, Tom, et al - The pics of me the 169, 1650, and 109 were all blurry because of the infinitely variable speed control.

Latest posts

Back