• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 14, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnajecki

displayname
Roy Najecki
Calvin,

I had the same issue on my 782 electric PTO clutch. To remove the PTO center bolt I used an air driven socket wrench and the bolt quickly spun off. If I didn't have an air compressor I probably would have had to remove the hydro tunnel cover, have a friend put a pipe wrench onto the drive shaft to hold it in place, then use a regular wrench or socket to remove the PTO bolt.

Once the bolt was off, the armature/pulley assembly slipped off the crankshaft without needing a puller.

Jeff - Tell her that the hydraulic lift is worth a whole lot more than you paid.

You might want to clean the hydraulic fluid off real good before you sleep with it though
biggrin.gif

Matt G.,
Another great descriptive HOW-TO with pictures!
thumbsup.gif
-- Thanks!
Ryan Wilke
coffee.gif

OK Guys-

If you go to Charlies FAQs and scroll down to #60, the wiring diagrams then click on 149 or 128 (two I'm dealing with at the moment) does it show a four terminal V/R or a three terminal V/R? I am being told this is a three terminal V/R and I'm confused (imagine that). I thought when you have a little flat piece of metal sticking out and it looks like a terminal, has a tapped hole as all the terminals do, then it should be considered a terminal. I have several four terminal V/Rs here and the fourth "terminal" (the one by itself) has "GRD" stamped on it. There is also a resistor connected to this terminal along with a wire that connects to the chassis of the V/R. The resistor is between the "GRD" terminal and the "F", or field terminal. I would appreciate an electrical gearhead giving me an answer as to whether this is a 4 or a 3 terminal V/R. I'm being told it's a three terminal from an accredited source.

Wayne, There are 4 terminal VR that have terminals for L load feeds the switch, B from the bat., F field, and A armature. Then theres the three terminal with B batttery, F field and A armature. with a ground terminal. If you look at the back of the 4 terminal it has the same resistor on the bottom but is wired to ground through the attachment bolts.

Dave-

Thanks for your reply. I think I understand it a little better now with much thought. There are actually 3 different V/Rs used: a 4 terminal with no ground term., a 4 term. with a ground term., and a 3 term. All are grounded through the feet to the chassis of the tractor. I guess the term "terminal" only refers to "F", "L", "B", and "G" (gen); this little quirk is what has thrown me.

Thanks again

Fellas,
A quick 127CC question:
On my mechanical PTO, do the three little compression springs (Part# IH-27452-D) go between the three throw-out levers and the cast-iron pulley? If not, where then?
1a_scratchhead.gif

I looked at the diagram on the PARTS LOOK UP, but the spring placement is just not clear to me...
bash.gif

Thanks in advance, Guys!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan Wilke

Ryan, they go on the back side between the main cast PTO body and the pressure plate. Their purpose is to push the pressure plate back from the friction disc when the PTO clutch is released.

190297.jpg

190298.jpg

Thanks, Kraig!
So they go between the back of the cast pulley and against the pressure plate, with the clutch disc sandwiched between.
That makes sense. 10-4.
Why didn't I "see" that?
bash.gif
Must of been a brain-fart caught sideways.....

By the way -- if possible, maybe the Illus. # 2-90 could be added to Charlie's FAQ #7; since the text references it but it is NOT depicted there.
thumbsup.gif

Thanks again, Kraig!
thumbsup.gif

Ryan Wilke

WOW - Those CC 50 inch decks really mow nice when ALL three blades are sharp and level, Yard looks like BREWER Stadium!

Dennis F.,
Funny, I say the same thing about my CC 42" deck under my 127.
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
whistling.gif

Ryan Wilke
bubbly.gif

Going tomorrow to pic up terry reeds 122 cant
wait I will use it as a parts tractor or if I fall in love with it I will have 2 122s.

William F., yes the K301 should drop right in, PROVIDED it is a Cub Cadet spec. Keep in mind that there were different oil pans and even different blocks that had different mounting schemes.

Kraig, Like your method of computer repair! One more reason to like a good hobby!

Could anyone help me out on what decals go on a #40 scraper box? I am getting ready to repaint mine and cant find any good pics of one.Thanks for the help.
190303.jpg

Latest posts

Back