• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 07, 2018

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mmasheris

displayname
Michael A.Masheris
Cup holders are for Barley Pop
happy.gif

Kraig-

Did you have anything to do with your neighbor buying a cub cadet? I guess it's a good looking tractor but I don't understand that hood/side panel design. Maybe they tried to give it a modern "robot" look.

It looks like you're having a good time with your cubs. That geothermal project was involved but done in a very timely fashion. I'm sure by this time next year it won't even be detectable and will be serving your family well.

Nice job!

Wayne, it's possible, but he has never asked for my input. When I moved here 26 years ago he had a JD lawn tractor. When that wore out he bought another JD lawn tractor. When that wore out he bought a CC lawn tractor. When he wore that one out he bought the one in the photo. There may have been a Murry in there somewhere as well. Possibly between the JDs and CCs. I've kind of lost track of how many lawn tractors he's had. He has a large lawn and uses them like a garden tractor. I should probably set him up with an IH Cub Cadet so he wouldn't have to replace them every few years.
happy.gif

Thanks! The Geo install is almost done. Just waiting on the final piece of cold air return ducting. It's been producing domestic hot water. The ducting/sheet metal sub-contractor ran out of sheet metal and has been swamped due to the mini building boom that's happening around here.

Kraig didn't you have a AC tractor with a loader for jobs like that?

Kendal......exactly what I was thinking....something with a little more a$$ for moving soil (or in this case sand....)

Kendal, Steve, yes I still have the AC 620 with loader, however it's in need of a little bit of work before I could use it. I need to drain the old gas, get a new battery, mount the loader and probably get all new hydraulic hoses before I'd want to use the loader. Much faster to use the Original to grade the sand into piles and use a shovel to load the sand into the trailer behind the 125 and spot fill the low spots in my trails. Besides, this is a Cub Cadet forum not an Allis Chalmers Forum.
wink.gif
Besides, I've had the box blade since 2002 and this is the first chance I've had to use it.
icon_eek.gif
I have a heavy duty grader blade for the back of the AC that I have used in the past to grade the driveway. Last time was several years back when I had a load of gravel delivered. It's a converted Cat 1 to Cat 0, 4' blade that I need to convert back to Cat 1 so I can use it at the farm behind my mom's JD X585 garden tractor...

Hey..is it possible to have a low volt measurement of the positive coil wire connection when the ignition key switch is in the off position?

John M.
I wouldn't think so. Sounds you might have some sort of back feed thing going on from somewhere, I dunno.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I know this is the wrong place to post this, but figured I would get more viewers.

The rear PTO clutch doesn't want to engage with the tiller attached to my 982. The brake is missing and it would help engagement to get the proper clearance set.

Also, I'm open to using a regular front PTO clutch brake and making a plate to bolt the brake plate to and then to the four studs on the electromagnet. The front PTO clutch brake would need to have an opening of just over 5-1/8" to clear the riveted spring pieces that pull the plate back. Please email me using the email in my profile.

Would really like to get this thing going soon.

Thanks!

Jim
320452.jpg

Brake sets the air gap.....it's too wide without the brake and the magnet isn't pulling it in. It needs a brake plate to work right.

Exactly what Steve said. The good news is it's the same brake plate as on a front PTO.

drool.gif

I can't wait to find a rear PTO setup to put on the 2072.

I have had many of the rear PTo's.Do you have power to the clutch is it grounded, did you put the spacer behind the clutch?

Jim S,

Gotta love those "Made in USA" IH belts on your rear PTO!

Wyatt and Michael,

I'm doubting the front and rear PTO are the same.

If I remember correctly the front PTO's brake has three mounting studs. The rear has four.

I do have power to the clutch; it will engage with the belts off. With the belts on it will still engage but will take a sec or two. With the tiller PTO hooked up it won't engage unless you drop the tiller down and move forward rotating the tines, but most of the time it don't.

It does have the spacer behind it. I believe I had it set up correctly; just missing the brake and need to set the air gap like Steve said.

320463.png

320464.jpg

I think a QL clutch has 4 adjustment nuts for the brake plate; I wonder if the bolt pattern is the same?

Since this is gonna be Off Topic week, LOL
Set of spindles for a 50C deck on a 2072.
Can someone explain to me WTH is going on with the 2 out spindles being 3/8" OFF?
I've called Cub and naturally they are no help and neither is anyone else I've asked.
320468.jpg

The rear PTO is like a QL type it mounts inside the coil .The bore in the mounting block and pulley is metric no brake required from the factory. Check coil for continuity there is no adjustment just a spacer #13 in the drawing behind the output pulley.

Charlie - The middle spindle- are the top and bottom pulleys one piece or seperate? If seperate it looks like the bottom one is on upside down?

Nick Q.
The pulley is one piece.
I just took it apart and see no way to get the pulleys to line up.
I guess I'm gonna have to go out back and get a 50C deck and see what it looks like.

Latest posts

Back