• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 04, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis - <font size="-2">thanks for the oil info</font> I thought that may be the case, so I have a use for my leftovers, a quart per change.....

That wing is sweet. I thought a lot this winter how a well a wing would work for me but I figure I would need at least another 500# and hydraulics on the 73 so thats where the thought ended. That is cool though.

Digger, How are you coming with that box scrapper?
old.gif

Karen- i agree with what Ben had said about "money ahead". you may see some realy nice Ih Cub Cadets for sale in the 'for sale' part of the forum,of course. it will be worth it!

Dave R., picking up where we left off yesterday with regards to a 3 spindle deck on an Original... the "pin on" mower deck manual covers mounting a 38", 3 spindle deck onto an Original. ("pin on" being the terminology the Forum uses to describe the style used on the 70/100 and 71, 1x2/3 series, as opposed to the QA or Quick Attach style used on later Narrow Frame Cubs. QA decks of a similar nature are also used on Wide Frame and 82 series Cubs but I won't get into those...
dizzy.gif
)

151198.jpg

151199.jpg

151200.jpg

151201.jpg

Welcome, Roderick!!
Always good to see another fellow New Yorker!!

Mounted these ATV tires on a set of spare 8.5" wide rims...I'd like to put them on the loader. I hope they fit.

151205.jpg

I was a manager for an oil change store for 7 years.Pennzoil is an all about descent oil but they use refined oil (used oil) and add alot of additives to it. Therefore causing alot of sludge buildup inside engines. same with castrol and quaker state. Good oils but need to be changed frequently. Exxon Mobil is the exporter of crude oil here in the states and they use pure crude in the refineing process of making their engine oils. All oil companies purchase their crude from Exxon Mobil.Crude oil is very black, like tar. In a new bottle of oil, the darker the oil, the more crude it has in it. Valvoline is the best oil out there. They use pure crude from Mobil and refine it with great additives and detergents. If u open a quart of Valvoline you can see how dark it is and even smell the crude in it. There is only, really about an 16th of a quart of crude in each quart of engine oil. The rest is just additives,other lubricants and detergents. Valvoline uses bout an 8th of crude in each quart. Thats why it cost more. Thats why it smells like it does. Its not burnt oil, it smells like crude oil. Just to let yall know.
coffee.gif
fence.gif
Shift.gif
ihrotate.gif

Tim T,

I use CaseIH Low Ash Engine oil in my Cubbies as recommended by IH. I have alway's thought it was a good quality oil, a little pricey but cheaper than a new engine. What's your thoughts on it? Also, what about the synthetic oils available these days?

Timothy Teague, thanks for the information on oil! I use Valvoline, nice to know it's good stuff. One of the reasons I use it is because I had a Valvoline cardboard box that was used as a toybox in my room as a kid!
the 104 an d122 on the next page both have Valvoline in them.

Latest posts

Back