Archive through May 03, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie - Nothing on the Golf Ball retriever? I Can't remember who made it. Even made a model for the IH Scout.

(Message edited by dfrisk on May 03, 2004)

Aatay, Craig, Dennis, Terry -- thanks!

I think I can now articulate the problem. Based on the link above from Kraig, it appears that the 3-prong brake disc should be attached to the clutch by a snap ring (mine is loose, the 3 prongs are not attached or lined-up in the corresponding slots on the clutch). In my ignorance, I thought that the break shoe should push the 3-prong break disc against the clutch and and it would magically find it's way into the slots while rotating by a push from the break shoe. Now I am thinking that the 3-prong break disc should always be lined-up with the clutch slots (and held in place with a snap ring) and the "smooth" side of the break disc is engaged through friction with the shoe.

In summary, it seems that I need to find a snap ring and somehow position the 3-prong brake disc against the slots in the clutch. Does this make sense, or should I provide a Rosetta stone for further interpretation?

Denny,
Yepper, got that too, even has price guides and service manuals!
18473.jpg

I kinda like the pages on the Robbie stuff.
18474.jpg

Kraig,
LOL, I never noticed that till you said somethin.
Oh yea! Did I mention this is some NEAT stuff!

Speakin of kind codes on what was available for what tractors!!!!
18476.jpg

Kraig,

Guess I shoulda' checked the link before I chimed in. That shows everything Eric should need.

Like was said earlier this morning, the Super Chief bottoms were a bottom that had a replaceable section that was more prone to wear than other parts of the plow, this made it possible to have a better cutting plow for less $$$.

A good example of an older fast hitch Super Chief:
18480.jpg

18481.jpg

Like Steve said, we both happened at the same thing with the decals. Originally I was trying to get a former co-worker to snap me some shots of a VERY cherry Plow Chief plow, seemed it had a logo with a little headdress or something. Never found that and I found the plow in the pictures above, I had set out to reproduce the decal on that plow when it just so happened that the owner of the plow has reproductions of the decal. I lucked out I guess.

poof.gif

John, you've been here long enough to know that we charge a fee for posting to the classifieds, it's CLEARLY posted in the classifieds section.

Digger, down here in south florida, where augers get snapped every time someone puts up a fence, that little cub cadet rig would bite into the rock that our three inches of sand sits on and spin that tractor around like a top!

Tom, I used to run Hastings "Split-Fires" in my Whizzer Motor bike back in 56.

Dave, my Kubotas and Yanmars are smooth as pussycats compared to the Volvo! That thing shook the engine bed loose from the hull! They didn't put that huge flywheel on there for nothing!

John,

No offence but,<blockquote><hr size=0><!-quote-!><font size=1>quote:</font>

Welcome to IH Cub Cadet Classifieds. You may enter any of the discussions below by clicking on the appropriate link.

If you'd like to post to this area, you'll need to purchase a membership (the free membership will not work) - please check the signup page for instructions.

All posts and pictures become the property of the IH Cub Cadet Forum. Any unauthorized use or duplication is prohibited.
<!-/quote-!><hr size=0></blockquote>

Thanks Tedd, took the words right out of my mouth.

hello I'm looking for some help with a 147 cubcadet lawn tractor. The switch will not operate the deck. I had the lift motor rebuilt and the switch tested. The switch will not ground does any one know where I might be able to get schematics?

I have the feeling I'm setting myself up with this question, but...

What are these "gators" you guys are talking about with respect to the mowers?

Any advice on getting a Service Manual for my Cub 129? Are the reproduced versions on e-bay (Buy It Now for $28.99!) any good?

Eric C,
Geez! You ever think to look above at all the pretty colored boxes, See if you can find the one that says Binder Books, See there, I knew you could!
bouncy.gif

Latest posts

Back