• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 02, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wcompton

displayname
Wyatt Compton
More red parts on the assembly table-
238514.jpg

It is pre 1950s. They only turned around 400 RPM but had lots of torque. They are commonly refered to as hit and miss engines.

ALLEN - The little 1/5th cubic inch R/C 4WD Buggies engines SON used to race were small enough to fit in a Ziplock sandwich bag and be sealed, they made 2.5 HP @ 38,000 RPM. I think that engine would be more fun in a Cub Cadet than an old hit/miss engine!

Now can we do a comparison on the tourque numbers between (mabey) 50 ci 2.5 hp at 400 rpm and 1/5 ci 2.5 hp at 38000 rpm.

i'd buy it and get custom decals to call it a "26"...

Hi all, I thought there may be a few people interested in my latest projects.

The 2 smaller machines are Cub Cadet conversions.

239448.jpg

239449.jpg

The AWD model is a Japanese 4x4 with a diesel in it. The 4x4 is a real fun tractor to take to shows. I have a set of duals coming on Wednesday for this one. I'll post some picts when it's done.

239450.jpg

I like the last picture, it kind of looks like what the assembly line to look like 45 years ago... only a little smaller
happy.gif

239451.jpg

Take a look at the website for more pictures...

www.TheLittleTractorCo.com

Kurt- These are absolutely beautiful. The detail is incredible.

I got the duals and mounted them on the tractor today. I like it!

239541.jpg

239542.jpg

239543.jpg

Kurt, stunning job! I had to dig out my thesaurus to look up more superlatives to describe your work. Here's a few: astonishing, awe-inspiring, magnificent and astounding.

I agree with everything that's been said...it's a beautiful tractor/work.

I do have one question, wouldn't the rears spaced like that be proned to axle breaking?

I think we need several more pics too.

Thanks again everyone.

On the duals, I put about 20 pounds of pressure in the inside tires, and only 5 pounds of pressure in the outside tires. I did warn my customer with the Cub Cadet about that possibility, and if something does happen, it would be his responsibility, because the Cub Cadet was never made to handles such a stress. On my FWA tractor though, the rear axles are about 1.75" in diameter, and I don't think there will be any issues.

I'll take more picts when I finish the rear-end. I still need to paint the 3-point arms, plumb the hydrolics, and make a PTO shield.

Kurt

Back