• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 02, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the finished rear end...

239802.jpg

239803.jpg

Kurt-
Its reduntant to say it, but FANTASTIC job as usual!
buttrock.gif

What kind of transmission is in that tractor with the duals? It doesn't look like a cubbie-trans...

Regarding the Fairbanks Morse Model Z Style D, they came in 1.5 & 2 HP. This style was not a Hit & Miss engine but a throttle governed engine. They have 2 pulleys, the mixer side (visible in photo)is connected to the crankshaft and runs as high as 1500 rpm, the muffler side is connected to the cam and runs at 50% crank speed or up to 750 rpm. Mine is a 1947 and they were being manufactured into the early 50's (51 & 52). They are a great running engine but can vibrate badly and I can't see why someone would power a Cub Cadet with it?!?! Just wanted to be different I guess.. That picture doesn't show it but a right angle gearbox would be needed to change rotational direction.

I have a "power hacksaw" from the early 1900's that is powered by mine. We take it to shows and it's quite the conversation piece. I am almost convinced to find or buy a vintage style ice cream maker for something fun to do at the shows..

The 1206 FWA isn't a Cub Cadet. It's a early '80's "Satoh Beaver." It's a very stout little machine. It is a ton of fun to drive. I like seeing black smoke roll out of the stack.
err.gif

Kurt

Wait 'til you see what's coming next. I'm going to catch some flack from Cub Cadet guy's... but I only build what the client asks me too.

Kurt

Hmm.. Sounds like a green machine? No flak here, all of em look too dang good. (even the green 'uns.)

No complaints, yet.. I do not pass judgement till the final product is seen.. besides, all that should matter is the customer is happy and you're satisfied.

Latest posts

Back