• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 01, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Charlie - I converted the B10 blade to fit my home-made tractor and added the HEAVY swivel but now it's been made to use on my 1882. See the similarities with yours. I don't remember what it had at the lifting point even though I used it on the B10 for a while.
189549.jpg

189550.jpg

Ok hope y'all can help me. I have a 102 that I am rebuilding the motor for. During the reassembly of the head baffle and fuel tank saddle I notice something that it just don't seem right. I was wondering if there are suppose to be spacers between the fuel tank saddle and the head? If so are some of the head bolts suppose to be studs? Does the head baffle just bolt right to the head with the head bolts? The PO had everything bolt right to the head. I have looked on parts tree and couldn't see anything to answer my questions clearly. Some pictures would be great. If there is spacers could someone give me the dimensions so I can make them? Thanks for any help with this.

Scott - There's 3 studs across the head that go up through the mount. No spacers.

Ken. So the baffle and tank saddle all have to torque on when I torque the head down?

Gary S - You can't really get at the oil pan bolts without taking the engine out of the frame. The engine is mounted to rails on either side of the tractor, and the rails are mounted to the tractor frame, using rubber ISO mounts (ISO = isolation). The bolts that KENtuckyKEN mentioned being directly above the front axle, are the bolts that mount the engine oil pan to the rails, at the points shown below (thanks to Richard C for the photo from your rail modification FAQ).

189554.jpg

Once you have the engine removed from the rails you'll be able to access the bolts that hold the oil pan to the engine block, if you have to replace the oil pan gasket.

Scott - No the studs will have a nut for the head (torque those) then the shield and tank mount goes on with nuts on top again.

Ken Thanks for the info. The PO only has head bolts so I guess I will have to get some studs to do the job right.

Scott, Kentucky, If someone used a newer head on that engine it might be bolts. Look at the top of the head, if all the holes are the same level, toward the top of the fins. It's a newer head and you can use all same length bolts. fwiw

the 50" deck on my 1250 when you raise it is tilted so it cuts crooked. do the lift links wear and cause it to be picked up uneven? its the only thing i can see that would cause this.

Randy, do you have leveling links between the subframe and deck?

Latest posts

Back