• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through May 01, 2005

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can anyone point me to any information on an International Cadet 268 Snowblower? Manuals, Decals, paint codes...how rare, what value...etc. i'm curious what year it is - the serial number on the engins indicates the engine is a 1979, but I'd like to look up the serial number of the actual blower. Here is the serial number:
3080002u010723

I have done search after search, and cannot find a single thing about it. If it wasn't in front of me, I wouldn't believe it existed.

Curt R,
There's a hitch in the get-a-long right now with it, but hopefully it will be back real soon, maybe, sigh!

Hah, that explains why the suprsterr page wasn't found...

S U P E R S T E E R Can't spell today!

(Message edited by rmunday on May 02, 2005)

Rick-
If you check in the "Cool IH Cub Cadets Not OEM but better'n' new ! ! !" page there's stuff in there too.

and FWIW I don't own a Cub Cadet without that late model front axle!

(Message edited by wcompton on May 02, 2005)

Called a sponsor from above to order parts and found out that my 782 don't have the iso mounts under the engine! I'm still learning about these tractors!
happy.gif

Richard,

Thanks for the write up I really really appreciate it. I've never welded anything so that makes me super nervouse, because I don't want to screw it up. Anyone in the Northern Illinois area want to come and give me a hand, it will take like five seconds I bet?!?

Otherwise I have no idea what I will do at this point. I'd like to teach myself to weld though, something I've wanted to learn for some time, so buying a welder might be a good idea... even if I don't do this myself right now.

Thanks again everyone,
Chuck

Well I sure learnd a lesson over the weekend,
loaders and gear drives dont make a good mix.
Ruined a 1 year old clutch plate, broke a teaser spring, and might have bent the driveshaft.
Now for the fun part, remove entire loader framework and hydraulic system and install it on the 123.
Hopefully this will end the drivetrain repairs on my 102(after I replace the worn, bent items).
I should have known better,after the first loader tractor I had, it too was a geardrive.

Hi, I tried calling
Urschel's CC Connection
374 West Markle Rd.
Huntington, IN 46750
(260) 356-3440
and his phone is disconnected. Does he no longer sell parts?

Chris he does - email him and you'll need to be patient. I just picked up something from him a couple weeks ago.

He's working on getting everything straight
happy.gif

I'm ordering the parts to fix the trunion on the hydro, I just need to know how much HyTran I am going to need. I have a 1250. Im going to order the filter and the rear gasket, and thats all I'll need right?

Again I say if any of you illinois people are free and have a portable welder, come on out, I'll have something to drink and maybe even some food, and we can talk cubs... the tractors that is, not the baseball team.

Chuck

Chuck F,
Pick up one of those 2 or 2 1/2" gallon jugs the dealers sell and you'll have some left over for top offs.
The rearend holds 14 pints.

Chuck,

You need to haul that 1250 over to Mike M., or see if he'll make a house call......he's a professional welder that lives pretty close.

Hi, Admin I found it!
I have just bought a 1963 IH cadet hydro 382. It starts and cuts grass well for about an hour and then the hydro loses power. Switching to reverse seems to delay this problem, but only temporarily. After cooling down it runs fine again... for awhile. I noticed in the FAQ's a similar malady. Will fixing the trunion and spring work with this model to cure this problem. Or could it be the filter or something else? I've searched the internet exhuastively including all the links (I think) provided by this site and can't seem to locate any information on this model. Will any of the "fixes" I've been combing through in the archives apply to this model? Are parts readily available? Manuals? One of the things I liked about Cub Cadets was the Koler engine, I was told this had one, and bought sight unseen, only to find a BS (a bunch of BS!) under the hood. I'm not going to fix anything that isn't broke but, for future reference, Can the BS be exchanged with a Koler? Is this little lawn mower worth messing with if something goes wrong besides above described problem? Thanks for your time.
Dave

Dave F:

The 382 is a Lawn Tractor NOT a Garden Tractor. The 382 was built 1980-1981 NOT 1963. Look in the FAQ section of this forum, at item #4 for further explanation.

I replaced the Throw-out Levers and Thrust Button on the front PTO on a 149 and now it won't disengage. It appears to be the correct PTO because it has 2 Pressure Springs.
I have looked in the Service Manual and it shows the ends of the adjusting gage resting on top of the outside rim of the drive pulley. There is a photo in the forum of the gage resting just inside the outside rim. The adjusting gage I have is 4 7/16" in length. Wrong gage or what?
Bill

Hi Kevin,

It runs like a champ. Onlyest thing is I should have painted it before I put it in, but its a workhorse so I don't know as I'll care.

'nother thing I been thinkin about. I bought a new mower deck body on eBay. Its a bit rusty and I want to make it last. So I was thinking I'd clean it up and hit it with graphite paint. Then one of my friends asked me why I don't use POR15 which I'm thinking isn't a bad idea. Figure I'd brush it on top and bottom, then light sand and hit it with the proper white paint. You can't leave it just POR15 because it'll react badly to UV rays.
Anybody try that stuff on a deck before? I've used it on a snowmobile gas tank and it was great. The friend who suggested it did a car chassis with it and it looks real good.

I already have an email out to Mike M... small world isn't it? I sure hope he makes house calls, otherwise I'm ging to have to try and shoehorn my 1250 into my minivan (im thinking it won't fit) I guess I'll find a trailer to borrow.

Thanks for the help with the hytran question. ONe other question for you guys, I can't find the rear plate gasket on Carter and Gruenewald. I have a number, the only number that I have is IH-350837-R2. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Chuck

Latest posts

Back