• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through May 01, 2004

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave K: Its not just a Kohler problem.Its called Aluminum Stress Fracture. Its the same reason that airplanes have to have their aluminum parts replaced periodically. When rebuilding any engine with aluminum parts subject to any stress: Replace 'em!!!! Myron B

Scott W. McK: The info you need is in TC-29, the Parts catalog for IH Delco-Remy. My version is too old to cover the 86. Myron B

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

What is with these clowns using Earthstink? They send e-mails requesting information but they have this stupid-a$$ mail blocker turned on where the sender has to jump thru hoops just to get the e-mail sent.

Eh, the L-user in question thought we were MTD anyway, despite the myriad of disclaimers around here...

This isn't MTD ¿
Holy guano Batman we're in the wrong place !
18434.gif

Ken -

My thoughts exactly!
lol.gif

Art -

Naw, 'twas an e-mail, not a post. But I'd be more than happy to forward it.

18436.gif

..is that guy giving me the finger, or the "buttrock" signal??? I guess if I have to ask, I should know!
lol.gif

Wow It has been a long time since I have posted. Hope everyone is well. I have a couple questions for anyone who has some advise for me.. I blew a plug out of the top of my 1200 this weekend. It seemed as though it was getting stripped and when i started it, it ran fine until I gave it a boost of gas , then POW. it blew the plug right out. Is there a fix or do I need to get a replacement head cap. Also will a top from a 10 hp work with the 12 hp.
One other note..... I met a guy this weekend in Atlanta that has 9 old farm all cub tractors. if any of you guys are looking for one or need parts let me know and I will give you his number. Real nice fella. Thanks in advance for the advise. <font color="ff0000"><font size="-2">might have been a while since you posted, but the rules haven't changed!</font></font>
Rob

Rob W,
You can put a Heli-Coil in it if the hole isn't burnt out or cracked, and yes the 10 and 12 horse heads will interchange.

Sorry to interrupt the casting forum with cub cadet posting...
happy.gif

I tell ya, ever since Travis got that Harley, and shaved...I wave at him and he waves back!

Rob- Slap the 10hp head on there...it will fit and give you a tad more compression...probably going to be poofed for you last line though. Contact the sponsors.

Ryan, are you sure it wasn't because you were plowing with Mike S's JD? :eek:)

Ryan, I grew it back. Too many people laughing at me ;-)

Digger, I'll get ya back ;-)

Back