• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 26, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaytay

IHCC Supporter
displayname
Home of the Plow Special
Hmmm....
happy.gif

Pete K:

First, Welcome to the Forum....
53893.jpg

Is this what you are talking about...? This is from a model 149.

53894.jpg

Shane, I thought we were having our first earthquake in Minn. but see now that you were just rolling the yard. Nice job on it and looks like it should get the job done well for you!

Yes, and thank you for the reply Roland.It apears the upper tube brass fitting is 18 tpi, and the pump is 16 tpi. I'm wondering if they changed threads on both ends or just the pump end, of the later tubes? Pete

Art

I read Terry post carefully and I will be giving it a try, if that dont work, than I will be trying the bowl from a different carb that is known not to leak, IF that don't do the trick and all other attempts to stop the leaking bowl I will have no other choice but to put a new carb on the beast.

Now thats an idea, I have 3 or 4 of them laying around here that need a complete rebuild and 2 leakers that need work.
I'll box them up and tote them along.

Charlie, you got that many rebuild kits handy
lol.gif

With a little bit of luck, maybe I can get the one on the 127 to seal up by useing Terrys advice.

Pete K:

I am assuming, since you have a 147, that someone has either used the suction tube from a 149 or changed out the whole rear end. I know that the cast iron rear end and Sundstrand hydro pump didn't change, but the tube and fittings did. You just have to decipher what was done and get the correct parts.

thumbsup.gif

Catching up on the Forum here, didn't have much time yesterday.....

Glen C., good to hear the CDs arrived. Those video clips should play with Windows Media Player.
dunno.gif

Chip S., welcome to the forum! Nice 147 you have there. There are a few of us here that really like the 147. I have yet to find one to add to the herd. I almost bought one from my good friend Art but he decided to keep it, guess I took too long to say "I'll take it!". Charlie and Terry B. seem to have the most of them.
happy.gif

Terry B., "147 number 3 is just cosmetically challenged." now there's an understatment!
roflol.gif

Charlie, you're very welcome, good to hear that it made it.
thumbsup.gif
BTW, that guy looks more like an inmate then an employee......

He's the security officer. They put him in a little room with steel bar walls and told him he has 20 years to see if it's escape proof.

charlie, sorry i dint get right back about that,502 but i see you found out. ya say mtd reads the forum every day. well i would like them to start makin the hood ordnments for the original again. and maybe the hood. aah heck how bout the lights too. might as well make the grill and emblum too. hell may as well make the whole tracter again. also the 70 and the 100 too.well my finger is getin tired. later tom

Lonny B,

Great job on cleaning off the carbon build up on the piston and valves on your 127 - K301! It looks like almost new again. What did you use to do that? Any necessary precautions to watch out for?
Thanks.

Ron R., good question!

Lonny, I want to know too! That isn't easy and you got those looking like new! What's your secret?

Man!
You just gotta love the dang things!
Set all winter, I go out and turn the keys and they fire off like it was last summer!!!!
53912.jpg

Kraig,
I may have messed up though. I checked the plug on ole Joe and it was finger tight,(after it fired up and ran around the yard) so I figured what the heck, I'll change it. I might have jinxed the ole guy, time will tell. It had a AC R45 in it, LOL

And yes Earl, that's your 1200 in the background too. It was a little cranky, but fired off after about 6 revolutions.
biggrin.gif

Freakin gear drives anyway!
whistling.gif

I have a 128 & a 169. I have seen a reasonably priced 1650 for sale locally that I'm interested in.

Does anyone have any experience and/or opinion on which is the superior machine?

Latest posts

Back