• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 23, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
David G - I wish you were closer to the western side of VA, I'd help you with that deck!

Keep on keeping on!!!!

greenthumb.gif

Spirol pins on order from McMaster Carr.......cheaper by the dozen.....

Hey! The serial #'s are back up on the Parts Lookup. Happy days!!
happy.gif

Frank C-Yes, I still have the 169 and I love it. It is the best CC ever made!! I have added another 169 that is on a 5 year restoration plan. I have rebuilt the motor, repaired the hydro and steering box and waiting for some decent weather to paint!!

Reggie - update on that Gasket. Apparently it it's still available, Sponsors at the top of this page.
IH-394091-R1 GASKET

Purschased sleeve hitch off 1450, installing on own 1450, bar fits fine, but no room for 7/8 jam nuts on inside frame which supports upper hitch, spacers spot welded on inside, if spacers were removed I think it would fit,are they there for a reason, anybody have this happen before. Thanks.

David dont for get to send Art your 169's info .....Please

Paul L. You have an earlier 1450 that takes a rod that's 5/8x12" or something instead of the bolts that were used on very late 1450's. You just need to find a hardware store and get a rod to fit through there and drill a hole on both ends for a cotter pin. I'd do that before knocking the spacers out.

Thanks Kevin for input, easier than removing bushings, I will locate rod to install, thanks again.

Paul "L",
Would that be the same Leffelman as the IH dealership in town?

The parts look up is very handy. I found everything I was looking for and got the parts ordered.
happy.gif

Thanks for the help guys.

Art..
thumbsup.gif
They have been warned

hope to be doing this soon
255886.jpg

Jeff-
I hope to be doing that soon as well. Just "re-braked" my PTO disk today.

255889.jpg

(Thanks to Charlie!)

JEFF - I suppose you could rototill the snow covered ground. But the frost in the ground might be hard on your tiller.

I know 9-10 yrs ago I aerated my yard one fall pulling thru 3-4 inch deep snow drifts. Ground wasn't frozen yet.

I've never tried mowing in snow before. But think the only months I haven't mowed in are Jan. & Feb. Mowed in late March one year, and mowed in Dec. several times getting up the last of the leaves.

Back