• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 22, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KENtuckyKEN

Thats what I am thinking, sludge and I belive the PO used the wrong type hydro oil, as it is a butterschotch color and not red like Hy-Tran.
I will be pulling the rear cover to clean out the bottom of the tranny.

I want get these 2 cubs fixed up befor I put them in storage.

<font color="ff0000"><font face="times new roman,times,roman"><font size="+2">HELLO,HELLO, IS THIS THING ON </font></font></font>

Lonny,
I dunno about everyone else.
But I've been outside about all day enjoying the warm weather and half a day of sunshine.
wave.gif

Charlie,
I am stuck here inside at work, with not much to do today other than twittle my thumbs.

Was planning on putting it on the back of a trailer if I ever find another one.

PSA,
Just in case everyone has been wondering about when the websites for Chris Westfall (cubclassics.com) and Marlin Heinlein (ihccw.com).

Both sites are coming along very nicely and will be up in the next few weeks.

BOTH are going to have some very neat NOS stuff and great prices I might add.

BUY BIG AND BUY OFTEN from them and the other sponsors that make collecting Cubs so fun.
53717.gif

Taking apart the K161, in no particular order, just to see what I've got. So far I'm really impressed with the condition of the little engine. Very clean on the inside, with not much carbon on piston or head area and the cylinder. After checking out this part, I drained the oil. It looked like it'd just been changed, and I'm getting more happy by the minute. Someone must have really taken good care of this orig. While the oil was draining I decided to drain and cleane the oil bath air cleaner too, then could be done with waste oil for a while. Popped off thebail, dropped the cup, and Dang!! not a trace that there had EVER been any oil in that cup. Not sludge or gunk, just dry rust flakes. And inthe middle part what looked like someone had stuffed a super duty brillo pad. My question is, did I miss something in my upbringing that said oilbath air cleaners work without oil? Sorry about the long post, but this caught me kinda blind.

Every oil bath air filter I've ever worked on always had oil in the bowl on the bottom.

Going to be a intresting weekend.
Going replace the blown head gasket on the 127 and clean out any carbon I find, along with draining the oil form the hydro unit, replaceing the filter, pull the rear cover and clean out the rearend of any built up sludge. Will take photos to show what I find once the head is removed and what if anything I find inside the rearend.

Does anyone have a Manaul for a Model 1A lawn sweeper that they can e-mail? Thank You!

Mike M.
I can't ever remember seeing or hearing of anyone having one.
There is a manual that has some pics and a parts breakdown though. It's the CPE-2.

Checking my driveshaft on mt 782D, and I see there are 2 rubber couplers on EACH end of the driveshaft. The parts site only shows 1 on each end, what is the correct way?
worthy.gif

Also, is there suppose to be a ball bearing on the pump end like the quiet lines have in them.
Thanks for any help!

Speaking of hydro filters, has anyone had any problems replacing theirs? Sometime last fall my buddy and I changed the ones on his 1650 and 1812, the 1812 was a pain in the rear most portion of my body! I don't think I ever cussed more, between filter 'wrench', visegrip-chain thing, and stabbing it several times with a screw driver, it finally came off, a 4 hour ordeal. I don't remember the rest of the night.
beer2.gif
beerchug.gif

Mike M: Which 1A Sweeper manual are you looking for??

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Lonny: Before you crack the rear end open, may I suggest you blast the entire transaxle with a pressure washer. Let it dry, -then- open up the rear end. A clean hydro, with fresh fluid and a new filter = a happy hydro
thumbsup.gif

Speaking of oil bath air cleaners: When you remove the 'bowl', make sure to pull the baffle out of the bowl, and get all of the old dirt/crud out of it.

Charlie: I have done business with both Chris and Marlin pretty recently. Both are great guys to deal with
buttrock.gif

Earl: Stuck hydro filters....surely you jest! I've had to beat a big flat blade screwdriver though the filter on the 147 I had, and my 1712...of course this was after trying to use a filter wrench, and a strap wrench, and pretty much collapsing the damn things
bash.gif

Andy V:

Here is the Parts Breakdown of the 782D drive train...

53726.jpg

It states 4 Flex Couplers, 2 for each end. There is no mention of a "ball".

thumbsup_old.gif

Latest posts

Back