• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 22, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myron,
Any manual would be fine. I like to have a copy of every manual for each piece that we own. I have all the manuals for the tractors and the attachments except the sweeper. Thank you for any help!

Kraig, I got the CD's today, and they are great... sadly I cannot get some of the right software to install, so I can't watch some of the videos... Thanks again, Glen.

Thanks Roland, That was a case of opening my mouth before reading the description first.
thumbsup.gif

Digger,
I was looking in your FAQ #12 regarding OE filters, here: http://cubfaq.com/filters.html

I don't see where it lists a 127 model?
confused.gif

I am specifically looking for the proper transmission filter to use....

It calls for the #723-3014 filter to fit my 125 & 129.
Would that filter also be the correct trans filter for my 127?
If not, can you point me in the direction of what is the proper filter?
Thanks! Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Ryan,
Tilt yer head the other way.
biggrin.gif

70,71, 72, 73, 86, 100, 102, 104, 105, 106, 107, 108, 109, 122, 123, 124, 125, 126, 127,128, 129, 147, 149, 169 7HP IH-385163-R2

Transmission/hydro filter IH-395789-R2 --- 723-3014

Ryan W.
Just so you'll know for later on.
That same hydro filter fits'um all, pre 1981 anyway.
So you don't have to look up which tractor it fits all the time.
thumbsup_old.gif

Thanks, Charlie!
I'll do as you & also go with filter #IH-795789-R2.
thumbsup.gif

Now, back to tilting my head to the side again, I'm still a tad confused.
(which may be linked to my opening of my 5th beer for a late lunch!)

Of the info you provided, it kinda looks to me
as if #IH-385163-R2 is the same filter
as the #IH-795789-R2 and the same
as the #723-3014 filter.

Are they just a progression of superseded part numbers - or did I miss something again?
Thanks! Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Charlie,

Do you have any idea if "Cub Cadet Part# 490-201-0002" filter is the same filter or is it something else?
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

Paul B,

Thanks for sharing the information tibbit about the logistics of closing IH Cub Cadet production in Louisville. What I didn't realize was that the Memphis plant produced Cadet rider and lawn tractors. I assumed that they were made in Louisville as well.

I always thought Memphis produced hay and forge equipment because of an old picture I saw somewhere of hay balers being loaded onto a barge or ship for export to Mexico or someplace. Does anyone know if there's any reminants left of the Louisville or Memphis plants?

Louisville must have been quite a plant in it's prime as I think they had their own foundry and co-produced letter series and other tractors with the Farmall Works in Rock Island and later completed final assembly on utility and industrial tractors imported from Europe along with CC production.

Latest posts

Back