• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 21, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the help gentlemen. I'll keep you posted on my progress. One more question, where can I purchase the new gasket?

Electrical issue. I screwed up . I just finished reinstalling the engine and hydro after replacing engine mounts and cork gasket. I wanted to leak check everything real good before I installed the fenders and the hood. So, I connected my jumper cables from my truck to the battery cables on the tractor. It started right up
happy.gif
Then it stalled. I turned the key to start it again and saw a spark jump from the positive jumper cable to the frame. I guess it slide down and made contact. Now when I turn the key nothing happens. Looking at the electrical schematic, I suspect I fried the magnetic start switch. Anyone have experience with this or know how to troubleshoot it?

Reggie, Williamson County Equip.,1006 Carlos Parker Blvd.,Taylor, TX might have gasket, or CC specialties above ^^ does.

Marty,

Hit AutoZone for a Ford starting solenoid......same-same...

Marty, you didn't note what model you have so you may have fried interlocks etc. but to test a solenoid you can jumper from the large 12V post ( that comes from the battery) to the small post. This will engage the solenoid and if it tries to start you have a good solenoid. Note that some aftermarket solenoids have 2 small posts, one is for ground, the other is for +12v from the start switch. If this is the case you can look and see which post is ground and which is +12v, then jumper to the +12v that would come from the start switch. If you cannot see where the small post is connected, you can use a meter to test for ground.

Art do you have Reggies 169 info, if not
Reggie can you email Art the info

Jeff - hey I just checked my steering tube column and I have 2 and 1/4" from the dash plate to the bottom of the wheel (or 2" from the top of the rubber grommet to the bottom of the wheel), so I have the correct column for my 169. I don't think a 3" column would provide any benefit to me. I believe the wheel has plenty of clearance for the speed control lever. I can see that it would be helpful on the Quiet Line units with the up/down hydro stick speed control.

If you do use a Ford Starter relay (solenoid) and it has 4 terminals (2 large for the battery and starter connections) and 2 small, one will operate the relay and the other was intended to send 12 volts to the distributor, it is NOT a ground. This was done to help cold starting. It will work just fine on your cub also.

The ground will be achieved when and where bolted to the metal pedastal.

Back