• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 20, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

digger

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
IHCC Sponsor
IHCC Supporter
displayname
Digger
Tom H.
What I have is on the way to ya.
Not much on 169 stuff though, sorry.
Maybe Kraig or Myron will send ya somethin.

Charlie, you have all the same stuff as I have. You might even have more now.
happy.gif

Ryan.
On the 127, there was one loose head bolt, it was number 7 in the order of torking them to spec's.
I followed the manual and ran the engine for 15 minutes and let it cool down and re-torked the head bolts to 35 footpounds.
I have made no adjustments to the carb as it ran fine befor replacing the head gasket, and seems to run fine afterwards.
I may try increasing the high speed jet as I was informed that by the amount of carbon it could be running a bit lean.

Finally got started on my orig. and immediatly ran into a small problem. removing the sheetmetal pully for the st/gen, on the crank, won't let go with gear puller, and saw the other day where this may cause distruction of pully if taken too far. My question is, before I make worse mess is, can I use a propane torch on the pully collar, to loosen it up or is this a really bad idea? set screws are out, and have been PB Blasting it for 4 days.

CURTIS - Try tapping the pulley IN before pulling it out. The corrosion forms a bond between the two parts.

Dennis-check times of my last post to see how fast your suggestion worked. Thanks a lot!

I see some people have duals set up on there tractors. Did IH or some other company make duals or wheel spacers for the cub cadets?

Joe D.
I was thinking that maybe Simms may have made a partial hard cab, but don't hold me to that.

Rob F.
Yes they did offer dual setups.
53611.jpg

53612.jpg

Can anyone comment on their experiences with a kohler Command 18hp V Twin? I have a chance to get one and I'm kicking around the idea of putting it in one of my 'extra" OCC's. Questions about the lunacy of the idea aside, I'm wondering about the reputation for reliability and performance this engine has.

Jack M.- If that 582 is like mine it will never fail you
thumbsup.gif
(not yet for me atleast lol). Them Briggs really seem to outrun the kohlers twins. Over 1100 hours and nothing done to the engine yet. I have to agree with charlie that the 782 is nicer cause of the hydo and stuff. The only problem is see to know about the 682s and 782s were the engines

Tom Hill: Here is the front and back of a (damaged) Model 169 showroom flyer I have.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom
53616.jpg

53617.jpg

Micheal: I have owned and ran an 18 hp V-twin for 9 yrs now! Lot of hard work done with it and noooooo problems yet. Think about 900 and some hrs. The kids have used it all winter and want to buy it from me! It's like anything tho how well has it been taken care of is the secret.

Pops

Well, Guys,
After flushing out the sediment bowl, carb bowl, fuel tank, changing the sparkplug & motor oil and checking the level in the hydro - I added a battery and hit the key of my new-to-me 127. It cranked a few times and then started up!

I greased the front spindles and center axle pivot but I wasn't able to see/find any grease zert on the steering box - like there is on my 129.

I ran it about ten minutes and it seemed to purr along just fine. So I thought I might as well give it some exercise and hooked a concrete-filled yard roller to it and do some constructive work. I worked the 127 with the roller up & down the hills in my yard for about an hour without too much difficulty. It steers hard and the F/R hydro lever is still messed up, but no engine smoke, no sputtering, it ran great!

I didn't make the trip to the back of the shed and uncover the parts 125 to inspect it's steering box to see if/where it might have a grease zert on it.

Can anyone tell me if the 127 steering box does or should have a grease zert or not?

Thanks in advance for any & all help!
Ryan W
beerchug.gif

MYRON - Even though I worked for IHC I didn't know they could "Cut & Paste" way back in the early 1970's.... Those engine spec's on the 16 HP Kohler exactly MATCH the K321 14 HP engine...
biggrin.gif

I thought I had a LOT of IHC brochures back in the day but I had a BIG void from about 1972 till 1976... I was in college and had "OTHER THINGS" on My mind...Mostly beer, cars, girls, and more beer. When I repainted My 129 about 16-17 yrs ago I could not find a color picture of that vintage CC ANYWHERE (pre-Internet!) so I had to make up My own paint scheme and it wasn't 100% factory.

Anyhow....Thanks for posting that brochure.

RYAN - The Engineer who work for ALEMITE (OEM maker of lubrication equip. 50-60 yrs ago) that developed/invented the self-sealing grease fitting last name was "ZERK", I just read His first name a couple days ago on another forum but CRS prevents Me from remembering....so the correct name is "ZERK" I never knew why it was called that until then.
What I'm surprised about was that IHC "Officially" dropped the last "E" in "Employee" to save $100,000 in printing & paper costs back in the 70's on ALL forms but they continued to use the term "Lubrication Fitting" in operator's manuals instead of "Zerk"
screwloose.gif

Back