Archive through March 18, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone ever welded the pulley fast . My starter gen is spinning the pulley but the bask for the PTO is not turning. I`am think about welding the pulley fast to the shaft. Is this doable ??
1a_scratchhead.gif

Don: This must be a first! I'm looking at one and can see how the basket might break free but the pulley should still turn the engine. I'd have to be awfully desperate to weld the pulley to the shaft!!!
happy.gif

Well I think I will take it and see if it can be welded . Frank , as you know on the back of the pulley there is not much holding the pulley to the centre. I did get the 125 running for a second and now this . Off in the corner it goes and my Nomad will get some attention and then the loader power steering. I hate to touch anything , lately my Luck is not so good.
censored.gif

Dennis Frisk I do appreciate your reply to my question. I went back today , moved the deck outside and with a magnifying glass Decided that mfg. date could read I167G Thanks again.
Luther Hinds

hey guys finally got my tiller broke loose today and hopin to pick up belts for it soon. does anyone by chance no what sizes the two belts are? im putting it on a narrow frame(100) and i believe its a model 1a or 1b tiller

DONALD - Don't hit "BID" on Evil-pay yet. Yes, those pulleys come loose from the hub, had my K301 & K321 both come loose, couple little half inch (12 mm) tack welds on the back fixes them right up. Make sure you get good penetration like CHARLIE says, your going thru a couple layers of steel.

LUTHER - I don't know the date codes on a mower deck would follow the same style as casting codes. I checked my IH Tractor DATA book and the letter G was used in 1937, and was possibly reused in 1961. "I" was used in 1939 and never used again.

Maybe Paul Bell would have a better idea how to intepret those numbers/letters.

Dennis Frisk

That is what I had thought to do to repair it. Do you think a mig weld on the back and inside would do it? Or stick weld ? I have not pulled on a used one yet . Thanks Don T

Latest posts

Back