• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 14, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tim-

I think the 124 makes a nice little wood puller myself. This was taken last year.

236541.jpg

Paul Leffelman

My 125 was just rebuild .030 and I can spin it by had off the pto basket. I did end gay my rings and found them way to tight as per the manual. Did you check your end gaps of your rings.

There is a new switch in the tractor . I the am I will have to get out my meter and do some checking of the wires. The regulator has four wires attached as per the 125 wiring speck in the coloured digram at the bottom of the main page. I would like to know what could be crossed that could cause this issue. I will pull the battery in the am and check the amp gauge . I think I will pull the switch also as I do have a spare. I don`t understand how power could get to the VR with the switch off.12 V does go to the bat post on the VR after the main switch so I`am leaning that way as what to try. I did leave all my labels on the wires and can easily check myself .I did torque the head gasket and I could not find the bracket that holds the throttle cable in place . I will have to rod that from the 123. I spend hrs on the wiring and thought I had it ready to start, or at least roll over lol. I will have another go at it in the morning.

I` am glad I have my Cubs , They do seem to keep me entertained and out of trouble lol.
old.gif

Jeremiah Chamberlin

(Sorry, Don. I couldn't help but give you a little the "dig." ).
I hope to return the "dig" someday with the same smile
wave.gif

Now I must
rtfm.gif

Kraig,

Yes, that's the bearing I was looking for, thanks! I also think it would be nice if Cubfaq #18a specified a source for this bearing.

Don T
How about a picture of your VR.I had the same issue with one the po put in a 107,clicked when I hooked up the battery.It was replaced it with the correct 3 terminal one.

Could someone send me a picture of how bracket #77 is orientated and attached to the head (which bolt?)on a K321. I didn't get a picture before I disassembled it.
236544.jpg

Thanks

Norm, all that I have seen are mounted like this one:

236546.jpg

Charlie, please note my 10:40 am post, way at the bottom of this page.
happy.gif

Norm, at the time the CubFAQ 18a was created, none of the forum sponsors had them for sale and most people just use the NICE 605 part number and get them from a bearing house. Easy to do. The FAQ and CubFAQ are mostly created from saved posts to this forum without much if any editing.

Charlie "Digger" Proctor and Jeremiah Chamberlin
In response to your reply to me of 3/12. Yes, it came from Kirk. Yes, I know that is a direct replacement. I had no problem, nor expected any. What I did not know was about coils. I was attempting to learn about what type of coils there were and why one was different from another and why one was used where the other was not used. I got most of the info I needed here from Jeremiah and was able to find additional information through keywords in the responses.

Latest posts

Back