• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 12, 2007

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myron, Kraig, Digger, and anyone else who wants to weigh in:

Okay, forgive me for being completely ignorant here - but I have a question that (based on the previous posts) needs an answer.

A while back I bought a part for my model 100. It was advertised as a "NF Sleeve Hitch". I've wanted to purchase a "Brinly Hitch" for a while now and mistakenly assumed that this is what I would be getting. Imagine my surprise when I actually received a Cub Cadet "3-point hitch" in the mail. Everything turned out okay since I own a second model 100 to put the 3-point on, but now I still need to purchase a Brinly Hitch...I digress...

The guy who sold the part to me said that "3-point" and "sleeve hitch" are interchangeable terms used in this hobby. Is this true? If so, does/should a person have to specify a "BRINLY sleeve hitch" when wanting to buy the part to hook up a plow, disc, etc? Help!
dunno.gif

Thanks, Brent

Brent - it's right here on the page ... look at
Kraig McConaughey "Keeper of the Photos" (Kmcconaughey) on Tuesday, March 13, 2007 - 10:03 am:

Brent- Yes, you should ask for a "Brinly Sleeve Hitch Adaptor" when you advertise in the classifieds for the hitch you're looking for. The name says it all- it "Adapts" the "Sleeve Hitch" to the "Brinly" implements. Now you have buy two Brinly Sleeve Hitch adaptors since you have 2 sleeve hitches!!

Is there anyone that ever tried putting front wheels on the old 42" mower decks?

Ken,

Thanks. I got home from work tonight and took a look at the forum and saw the pic that Ken posted - the browser I use at my work computer (Mozilla) must not be configured correctly, none of the pictures were there when I posted my original message. You have to love technology
destroy.gif

Nick - I had planned on buying for both eventually anyway...lol...just not so soon!

Thanks for the confirmation guys - that one always confused me, but now I get it.

Brent

Nick Q: No, he does not now have two sleeve hitches. He has two 3-pt lifts and needs two Brinly adaptors for sleeve hitches. (See Kraig's post below)

Brent L: The two terms are neither interchangeable nor synonymous. They are often used like they are by the uninformed. Check Kraig's post. They are correctly illustrated and defined there.

Myron B
CCSupplyRoom

Looking at Kraigs earlier post - I see that the "3-point" section also has a term "sleeve hitch" underneath it. Likewise, the "Brinly Sleeve Hitch" section has a term "Sleeve Hitch Adapter" on it. So this photo shows that the terms are interchangable.

However, looking at the cubfaq - http://www.cubfaq.com/sleevehitch.html

it states that the "3-point" and "sleeve hitch" are 2 seperate items, even though the photo heading says "sleeve hitch adapter". I'm still confused...

Hmmm, looks like I may have stirred up an old (perhaps ongoing) argument dealing with Cub symantics. You say potato...I say sleeve hitch....

I guess I'll probably just stick to getting photos of the part I want first. However, it would be nice if I could get a definitive answer. Anyone?

Looky what followed me home today!! All this chet-chat got me going. Just had to have another pair.....Keith and Dennis..the warehouse said they have 30 pairs left!!!....78bucks-x2
53209.jpg
buttrock.gif

Brent,
You are correct, the drawing is confusing. Here is a better drawing.
53212.jpg

Ok, I have an 86...

Not to change the subject and I'm sure it's been talked about here in the past.

How do these engines hold up to running for long periods of time on a slant?

For example mowing around the banks of a pond at a 45* angle or as I see pictures of here moldboard plowing?

Back