• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 10, 2014

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
John B. Unfortunately, Yes. I replaced one on the 147 this last spring. By far easier to split the tractor. But I do have to ask. Purple for a Cub Cadet? It must be for someone special.
happy.gif

Steve S. Really nice looking 73!

Thanks guys. I'll have to make a decision if I'm gonna install the new one or not right now. anybody know if I can remove the rearend bolts and raise the frame wihout disconnecting the hydro linkage? First Hydro I've had to mess with this much.

Oh, the purple is for my 10 year old daughter, who preferred a hydro over a gear drive. She must have fell on her head when she was a baby.
bouncy.gif

John Boelens

I think you should be able to take the bolts out of the rear end and support the body of the tractor on jack stands on the foot plates to change out the release plate for the hydro valves. You might need a friend to help align it back up to get the bolts started . If I had some help I would do that. six bolts and you should be able to lift and separate the body from the rear end.

John

You should split it, just 2 more fasteners besides the six Don mentions and you can get at it a lot easier. There is a small roll pin that holds the flapper on and there would be a lot less potty mouth also.

Lewis Do Dah P - what are the other 2 fasteners you mention? Don't you have the hydro linkage, brake linkage, electrical wiring if equiped with lights? And I think you have the metal hydro fan and the dang shroud around it that will complicate matters. Just ain't that easy as I'm recalling.

Harry..
one is the nut holding the hydro linkage the other is the cotter pin on the brake arm linkage. The wiring is not connected to the tranny.Ive split about 40 or so of these so it only takes about 2 hrs. Besides you can clean up a few things in the process.

im looking for any info on how the electric lift would mount on a 128. pics would be great and id also like to know how big the ram is as far as lenght, diameter and stroke. thanks

Latest posts

Back