• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 10, 2010

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yes I will but is the 12hp enough to power both hydro drive and lift?
dunno.gif

Jeff - If you're running your loader off the hydro pump it'll handle it. If you have a dedicated pump for the loader it could stall a 20 horse if you tried to pick up the world.
The hydro pump can only put out so much volume, I don't think the K301 would make enough difference that you'll notice.

I have a 120 with 2 welded attachment points. Any idea what they are for and if they are worth keeping.

186597.jpg

Matt - That top one isn't going to take a lot of punishment without backing but it could have been a single point hookup with a linear actuator for the lift on the lower one. Anybody's guess when it comes to custom made "what works for me".

Tim D.
I had the same problem with a 124. I swapped the coil out of my 125 with NO fix. New condenser NO fix. New battery NO fix. I'm trying Marvel Mystery Oil this weekend. I believe it's a valve.
Very shortly after it stops you can start it again and run another 15 minutes until it does it again. Some of these old timers swear by MMO so I giving it a try, you should too. Good luck

Gregory - Yours sounds like a coil or non vented gas tank. That's about how long one will run with either problem.

Jeff,

Hyd. lift was a factory option on the 1250 for sure, maybe the 109/129, can't remember. Doesn't make a difference though, like Ken said, it will be fine on the 12hp.

The hydro is constantly pumping oil throught the charge circuit at 180-200 psig. When you engage the lift circuit, the implement lift relief overrides the std charge circuit relief and the max pressure goes up to whatever it takes to lift the load or the relief valve set point (600-700 psig) whichever comes first. When the cylinder "dead heads" the pressure in the system is equal to the relief valve setting (600-700 psig). This is, by the way, why some older hydros will surge forward when the hyd lift dead heads...the higher than normal charge pressure leaks into the hydro drive circuit and "turbo boosts" the drive pump pressure.

Tim - Wallyworld any parts store.

Gregory - Also if you'll look in the MTD Cub section at my 18/2082 thread you'll see pics of 2 bad gas line bungs coming out of the tank that caused mine to run for short intervals.

Tim D.

Wal-Mart, Menards, AutoZone, etc..... Red plastic bottles of several sizes are available.

If this (aroun mt engin head) means,
around my engine head).

It would be wise to at least pull it and find out before it blows.

biting my tongue ... er ... typing finger
whistling.gif

Have AMERICANS lost the ability to spell correctly ?

Ken - I don't know if it's so much an inability to spell correctly - I'm afraid it's more a problem of not caring about spelling. It's more important to be the fastest "texter" (whatever that is - I still tell my adult kids that "text" is a noun, not a verb). But I fear it's a battle that can't be won...
bash.gif

I'm probably stepping over the line with this one but we'll see how long it stays ...

God said man shall not sign

Now wouldn't that have different meaning to a death person just because someone spelled it wrong ?

Latest posts

Back