• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of all aspects of IH Cub Cadet and other garden tractors.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Archive through March 08, 2009

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dtanner

displayname
Donald Tanner
poof.gif

Hi I found anouther Cub for sale near me. I have been shopping for lug tires for the Original so that I can go to Iowa plow day. This might be to good of a deal to pass up. John
[email protected]

I just had to replace the carburator on my 104. It is a walbro instead of a carter. I had the carb at a shop to be cleaned and the tech broke the screws off the cover on the throttle shaft inside of the carb....anyway he gave me a deal on a new carb the problem now is that the hole for the fuel line fitting is lower on the walbro as opposed to the carter. The 104 has the original steel line and I don't want to put a rubber line in its place. Is there a fix to this and does anyone have a suggestion on how to remove the screws from the throttle shaft on my other carb as it is still good and I don't want to scrap it.
bash.gif

I would have made him give me a replacement carb for free. Or at least repair it for free. Definitely since you had a nice carter carb.

Several things happened to my Cub fleet this weekend. For one, their new means of transportation arrived at the dealer.....see the truck forum for the pics later tonight.

Second, as I hinted last week, my 149 and loader have a new home....

115694.jpg

....in order to make room for it's big brother replacement.....

115695.jpg

It needs a little bit of subframe tweaking and an o-ring fix for the hyd. valve, but otherwise it's a good clean low hour (380hrs) SGT with the identical loader I had before (with a 4' bucket).

And, I spent some good times with Big Steve and Chris E. running around collecting up Cub parts on Saturday!!!! Good Weekend!!!!

Thomas B., I don't know what method of cleaning a carb involves removing the throttle plate? I agree with Adrian, the shop should have given you the carb for free. I do 99% of my own mechanical work, I would rather repair a Carter carb than replace it with a Walbro. The Walbros seem to run great or like crap. Your Carter carb could still be repaired with a new throttle shaft, throttle plate screws(2) and minimal labor. Sponsers above carry the parts neaded, last time I looked.

Does anyone know if you can mix the paint for a 100, is there a paint code? I hate to pay the high price from the dealer. Thanks

t was just a nice day here that I thought I'll get the 104 out and put the deck on it. This was my first attempt at putting a deck on a Cub, so it was a slight learning curve.

115743.jpg

115744.jpg

The carb still leaks after shutting down. I took the float off to see if there were any pin holes, but it doesn't appear to be any. I might have to do a carb cleaning on it.

Thomas B, it is no big deal to drill out the broken screws and re tap them for a 4-40 pan head screw. I have done this several times.

Thomas, either way get your old parts back from the shop. If you do not want or need the old carb now it still has parts AND value to another cubber. Generally the old Kohlor carb is a better setup. Shops make good money selling new ones.

Terry it looks like you still need a mule drive on that 104.

Richard,
The mule drive is the double pulleys coming off the pto clutch, right? If so, then it's on the tractor.

115755.jpg

I can see the mule drive in the pics. Good lookin' 104 there. Picked up a not so good lookin' 124 yesterday...

115757.jpg

Wheel weights, 3pt w/ adapter and 1 light...

And bed full of parts. 125 roller with no engine, front NF blade, deck and Brinly plow. Even got the Brinly hitch pin.
115758.jpg

Almost 9 hours in the truck with my FIL. Not a bad day. I'll get the 124 running for him and I get the rest.

Thomas B,
Go to an auto parts store and get a short piece of 3/16" steel brake line. Cut the flared ends off. Re-use the rubber furrules (or get new ones from a Kohler or CC dealer) and nuts from the old line. Be careful not to kink the line shut when you make the bend.

When you're at the parts store getting the brake line, get some rubber fuel hose that fits snuggly over the brake like and cut 3/16" off twice to use as flat o-rings.

Steve B,
Dang, I was looking forward to the mods you were planning on the 149.

Congrats on the Super anyway.
beerchug.gif

Latest posts

Back