• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through March 07, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kshultz

displayname
Shultzie
Hummmmm.....
snacks.gif

Shultzie, that exposed length of the shaft is 3- 3/4" long. I think it could be longer for more adjustment but that's what it is.

255118.jpg

Kraig - well thank you for posting that support. I do remember those days. In fact, Tom was one of the early members as well (I think even before me. Tom, weren't you No.3 ?)and I'm certain he must recall that stuff. I'll never forget when I first found the ole Forum on the Voyager server (BGC), and ole Bob Necker had just completed his trip from Montana to Mass. to pick up an Original. There were just none to be found and had. Ooh what a difference the internet now makes. These youngsters will never know what the shakes from Yeller and White is really like. I know you got some of those stories in your special archives. One that was real fun was the great oil debate, and I'll never forget someone's comment from an old ole timer "oil's oil, some's better than none". Yup, some of those guys made it all the way to Chief of Correct Police, and even the Correct Police Commissioner. One thing I do miss is the great Bon Fires of green stuff. We're just to easy these days.

WOW! That's really short. Thanks alot!!
buttrock.gif

<font size="-2">I really like my WD-40 yeh I'm old school and besides I have a gas wrench if I need it hee hee hee</font>
animatedihbear.gif

WEll, mission accomplished, sort of anyhow. I pulled the PTO on the 70 for comparison to check the C/S length and they are the same. Good thing I did cuz it had one broken bolt and it's missing that finger.

Slid the basket pulley forward about 3/8" to engage the friction disc in the basket and locked it down. Guess I'll just have to live w/a misaligned S/G belt till I get around to hogging out the holes in the hanger.

BTW the spec on the black K171S is 30117C whatever that means. Been a long day, I'm done!

255125.jpg

255126.jpg

David Schwandt

please don`t worry about that belt. Ok I think the contact points for the V grove belt is at least 4 3/4" apart. so with a V 1/2" deep allows for so much run at so much deflection ( off center) for so many hrs.Every three years you need a new belt if you use the cub three times a week for three hrs at a time. that is how much I would worry about belt alignment. They don`t make good belts anymore just ones that will fit.

My sincle hole plow had a 7-8 inch diameter coulter on it. The shaft that goes to the clamp/plow frame is a different style too. I'll try to find the orginal coulter bracket.

I modified the hitch on my single hole plow:
255135.jpg

255136.jpg

My single hole plow is using a newer style coulter bracket.

Dale Merkle

It is easy to buy the single hole or the two hole or the three hole that I use.You can make all them what ever you want with just two bolts . Aaron will fix you right up. .

David S.
Your PTO is not far enough into that pulley basket!
Notice the notch hole in the basket? The hole for setscrew removal has to be lined up with and deep in the slot.

Don T.

All early style Brinly plows had the hitch welded on the plow. The main frame is different design than the later style plows. I added the the extra "C" so I can move the over to where it should be.

David Bell,

Looking thru here I don't think anyone answered your question. No, i wouldn't replace the regulator unless I knew for certain it was bad. There is an easy way to check it, refer to the manual because i don't remember off hand. I also never heard new parts make them go bad??? Doesn't make sense.

Shultzie, Dale, from a 1963 Special Duty Equipment catalog:

255138.jpg

255139.jpg

Note the "10-in. rolling coulter." Looks like Jackson might have been right.
blush.gif
Or Brinly changed it over time.
dunno.gif

Question for those who have the model 364 blower. This blower came with two front PTO kits: model 418 (for 1100,1200, 1250, 1450 and 1650) and a model 419 (for 82 series). Other than different pulleys for the 1/2" and 5/8" belt widths, are there any other differences between the two kits? Are there part #s or other identifying marks/stamping to know for sure? Aren't both the Quietline and 82 series frames 13" wide? Can't go by that I guess to identify the differences. I also can't find separate parts breakdowns for the different PTO kits.

Thanks for any insights.

Ah hah... found a parts list in the 364 Owner's Manual. Idler pulley and main pulleys dimensions are different with a few other component differences - including the PTO frame. Couldn't edit or remove posting after 30 min....

Bryan,

The PTO frame would be different because there is a difference in the distance (front to rear) between the QA attachment points and the engine PTO pulley for the two series of tractors. My guess is that it is the different dimensions for a single cylinder Kohler versus the twin cylinder that moved the location of the PTO pulley in the tractor frame.

Anyone know offhand if the tiny rubber o-ring type gizmos are available for the fuel shut off valves with the brass t-handle?

David S.-

I agree with Charlie about the pto not being positioned properly. Either the set screws aren't locked behind the bearing (pto needs to be pushed back further) or the basket pulley is too far back and needs to be moved forward. In your first pic the set screw hole is completely exposed and shouldn't be which is the reason for the three slots in the basket. The only other thing I can think of is the bearing might not be positioned properly.

Dale and Kraig,
Thanks! That shed a little more light on the subject. I think I will keep it like it is for a while and keep an eye out for a 10" diameter colter. When the weather gets a little warmer I'll have to tear it down and paint it all up nice and pretty.
Thanks again!

Back