Archive through March 07, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guess who got the first ride?
255161.jpg

Keith O - DANG, that's a sweet looking 1650. As for the carb issue, did you by any chance also add gas to the gas tank? Some of these units do have their little idiosyncrasies. They can have gas in the bottom of the fuel tank, but it's just not enough to keep the engine running. As much as I'd like to I just don't use fuel filters on these units since they can slow or block the fuel flow without a pump. To me you end up with more problems than the filter is worth. The 1650 has a screen in the bottom of the fuel tank, and other than that you may have to clean the carb once every 5-10 years.

What's the story behind small and large battery boxes on narrow frames. I have some both ways, and is there any serial number data on the differences?

John Bolens.

Yes you can, you go to the garage and grab two flashlights...I guess you could but why?

Keith,
Glad you got it all sorted out.Who's driving?

Wish I could say not me but I got in trouble a few seconds after this pic for pulling a wheely!!! I've got a lot more power after the tune up and pointsaver. I think I might need wheely bars. My grand daughter thought it was fun and wanted to do it again.

Keith O.-

Regardless of who's driving she's precious.

Nice looking 1650 too!

Keith: That's a great picture --she seems so happy in your arms on that tractor! Grand-daughters are great! (Mine ran screaming when I fired up my 149)
smile.gif

I forgot to take a pic of the bottom shroud and cast iron oil pan be for the engine went in so I stood on my head.

255169.jpg

255170.jpg

Keith O - glad to see you came up with a grommet for around the plug. I also like the cast iron pan, and even more so that you have the bottom belly pan shield installed as well. I noticed a pretty heavy duty wire going directly to the lift bracket on the engine, which I assume is a ground. What's the story with that? There really should be one on the right side of the engine to the frame, if I recall where they located it. One end goes under the bolt holding the fire wall to the frame. Don't recall where it was connected on the engine off hand. Nice looking 1650, and if you're popping wheelies you must have the later version with the aluminum lower grill housing and 1" front wheel bearings.

Latest posts

Back