Archive through March 06, 2013

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Harry,
Let me get this right.....SO if you're not the correct police why is it that you are the first to point out what isn't a 100 pointer and what is not???? <font size="-2"> (Not to mention to asking/telling Forum members to go out and check out taillight numbers and crawl around under the tractor to see if there is overspray on wires, etc., etc.. and then ask them what's taking so long)</font> I don't get it.
1a_scratchhead.gif

I have a tractor that I show and do so some light work but the rest I have I use. Most of my Cub Cadets are in their original work clothes or close to it. If they are running and performing well I'm one happy camper.

BTW I've been to many many tractor shows, and <u>never</u> seen one that was being Judged. A tractor show with Judging??? That just doesnt sound right.

Guy's especially Kraig. I need some details on a one hole Brinly plow. I got one and it was missing a coulter so I got one from another plow.
Mine is a 10" plow and the colter is 11" in diameter. Is this correct? I was looking at some pics on the internet and my boy Jackson said those colters was smaller.
1a_scratchhead.gif
I think he might be on to something uless we was looking at an 8" plow.
Anyway can you please post some detailed pics? What is the correct diameter of the colter?
Thanks!
255111.jpg

255112.jpg

Tom H - my Daddy taught me to always be 1st. So if there is something I can be 1st at I jump in the race. And no I ain't the Correct Police. They are the guys that are always late responding and sometimes never show up. As I said, I gotta be first. And while we're at it, did you see we have a member that has the very 1st built 169? And he still has an original tail light lense with the ending digits "70" (I just knew 75 couldn't be original. It is actually newer and improved tho). And besides all that if I was the Correct Police I wouldn't be telling David to remove that internal snap ring from his bearing, and I'd be complaining to Don T about his black engine or paint scheme. Nope, just ain't me (but I do admit to some connections to get messages thru if ya need some help). Remember the Police are there to "Protect and Serve".
As for judging at tractor shows - well, it is rare. What I can say is I've taken my CC169 to the Great Oregon Steam-Up and won Blue Ribbons 2 years in a row (but then I have to admit I found out later that anyone bringing a tractor either got a red or Blue Ribbon, even tho I sorta thought you'd have to have an IH to win Blue).

Shultzie, that looks to be the correct size. The shaft is a bit long but that can be adjusted for. Speaking of adjusting, wow! you sure have that point adjusted down. How deep are you planning on plowing?
yikes.gif
Here's a couple photos of my 10" one hole Brinly.

255114.jpg

255115.jpg

UNDER EDIT: I decided to wade through the knee deep snow to the shed and actually measure the coulter. Mine is also 11" so you should be good to go.
thumbsup.gif

Mike - thanks for the compliment. Yup, I've been called "ole Eagle Eye" a few times.

Kraig - Oh Great One Keeper of the Photos. I keep seeing these comments about "One Holers". My Grandpa talked about One Holers and Two Holers, but they were small buildings with phone books, Sears catalogs, and corn cobs. Just what are you guys talking about?

Tom, I have to side with Hydro on the tail lamp lens info. Wanting to know what was correct on a Cub Cadet was very intrinsic to how this forum started out along with keeping them running and helping others keep them running. Hydro is just continuing that quest for knowledge. The 100 point resto I view as a tongue in cheek thing. Though I could be wrong... As I recall it, many, if not most of us old timers wore that "correct police" hat much of the time we were posting back in the Voyager forum days and the early days of the Discus (current) version of the forum. We were not wearing it to rip anyone just that we were in that quest to know mode.
happy.gif
happy.gif

Hydro, the old style Brinly plows had only one hole in the sleeve hitch. The new(er) style has 3 which allows you to add offset to better match wider or narrower track widths. We have a one holer up at the cabin. In fact it's brand new and not quite finished yet. It is however fully functional. The old one was in tough shape and we didn't want anyone falling through the floor...
fan.gif

Kraig,
Thanks! Yeah I do have it adjusted way off.....but then again I can't move it. That thing is froze up good. I'm soakin' it in WD-40 and I may have to replace it.
Can you tell me how long the shaft is on the colter? This is only gonna be for show so I really don't need it adjusted properly, but I agree it does need adjusted because it is way off.
icon_eek.gif

Shultzie, save the WD-40 for your squeaky door hinges and/or use it on your throttle and choke cables to prevent freeze up (WD = Water Displacer) and get some Kroil or PB Blaster to loosen that up. I'll be back in a few minutes with the coulter shaft length.

Latest posts

Back