Archive through June 28, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dennis,

To me, it made a lot of sense to put it on the left side instead of in the middle. It is out of the way and easy to see.

Paul,

I couldn't let an original IH accessory go to waste, so I mounted it on the side.
happy.gif

240743.jpg

It is very hot here in NC. As of 2:20PM (EST) it is 100 in the shade, and 115 in the sun. They are predicting 102 for the high, and at the rate it's going, it will be more than that.
cool.gif

Jeff-

That's a clever idea and use for pressure plates that have been ruined by rust pitting or whatever. Did you just use the old coupler for a template and drill the four holes?

I don't think any cubs will move here today. It was a cool 105* yesterday and they're calling for 107* today. It might even be too hot for cold beer if that's possible. I ought to get several cubs out so it will rain.

I did manage to do a little hood painting for the nephs 128. I couldn't stand all of the surface rust and I am finished with all of the work it needed. I also did the grill casting and nose piece so it should look a lot better. Maybe I'll post a pic or two after it's all back together.

I guess the question for today is..will an electric Pto from a (S/N 205095U649103* looks like it should be a 1000-1200-1250-1450-1650 by looking on the S/N chart)fit an work on a K301 motor in a 129?? Any ideas on this would be well recieved by this Newbee, thanks

Richard D.
Is it a direct bolt on, No!
Can it be done! YES.
Is it worth the time and trouble? Not in my opinion.
BUT, you better be better than most of us out here to get it done.

Supposedly I have pics and a video coming from a guy that did just the opposite of what want to do.

Richard-
Short answer: yes and no. I'm putting an electric clutch in a 71.... BUT it has a 14hp engine from a 1450, so its tapped already for a PTO, I'm not sure if the Warner PTO holes would already be drilled and tapped in the K301 block in your 129. Be sure to take a look at wire harnesses between the two, also note differences from the key switch. Outside of all that, pretty simple.

Thanks for the info about the electric PTO. What I'm doing is trying to fix up a 129 that the piston rod fell apart and poked a small hole in the block, long story/short I welded the block put an old rod in there and have the motor running. During all this I took the pto off the bad motor and put it on another motor I had and put it in the 127. I have other parts ordered and when they get here I'll assemble the thing with a deck and see what happens. In the mean time I found the elec pto and am parting whatever model it is out. Seems like I have old parts everywhere around the shop..My favorite is an ole 149 that I have had for many years and it still mows and looks pretty good and has never been restored. It came to me with a canopy, snow blade and tiller, I added a 482 deck. There doesn't seem to be as many Cubs here in Southern Idaho as in some areas but we don't get the rust like many areas do..I'm moving pretty slow on these projects. Thanks again for the help, love the site..RD

Just bought a CCO with Danco RD-300 loader today. The aluminum handle used to manual dump the bucket is broken. I understand that this is a common problem. Anyone know of a source for this handle? or has anyone had this piece casted/reproduction? I did meet someone who can have the handle casted/reproduced, so if anyone has a good one that could loan out, let me know. Thanks for any help to find a replacement.

Hi All, i'm new to the forum and welcome any and all input. My question regards a 108. I put in a new battery, and when i went to use it the next morining, it was dead. I jumped it, mowed with it and shut it off. 30 minutes later, it started right back up. I parked it for the night, and the next day, it was Dead. I hope it aint the starter generator, but i aint sure. Thanks for any help!

Billy you have something draining the battery, or a bad battery. The voltage regulator can do that.Also the key on can drain the battery if the points are closed.Use a amp meter to check for drainage on the + battery cable. Or you could park the tractor and take a battery cable off for the night and if it is drained it is the battery. Hope this helps.

Billy D. Welcome to the Forum!!!
wave.gif
Luther has some good suggestions. My Keepsake 1650's Previous Owner was convinced they had done something wrong and screwed up the wiring system after installing a new ignition swtich on their 1650. They installed a new battery and the tractor ran fine all day. Next day - dead battery. They re-charged the battery and experienced the same results. So they parked the tractor. I tried to convince them it was a bad battery. They were ready for a new and smaller Cub Cadet so I was offered the 1650 with plow, double Brinly disc, chains weights, mower deck, and front blade for their price of $200.00. One new battery later and BINGO... that was it.

Off to get an air conditioner for the one upstairs bedroom that our main a/c system just never seems to be able to cool. Southwest bedroom and direct sunlight all day.

Marty G. I rescued that 70 yesterday morning and hopefully later today, I'll have the little fella up and running. Then hopefully some pictures will follow. It is a "barn fresh" pick. It gets just too danged hot to work outside in the sun so I'm waiting for the cooler evening hours.

OK......I love IH stuff, but <u>I"M NOT</u> going here. <font size="-2">(From evilpay)</font>
240763.jpg

I didn't know IH made Jesus shoes. Now you can look stylish and be holy all at the same time.

Just got the 982 and the 154 done this summer. I'm finally going to get the Kwik Way loader mounted on the 982. The IH mower deck for the 154 needs some repair on the center bearing assembly before it is ready to mow.
240781.jpg

Here's my latest "LOOKY WHAT FOLLOWED ME HOME" .... These loaders are cool !!!

Does anyone have a picture of the optional RD-304 Danco rear counterweight box shown in the RD-300 Installation manual? I still think this is the Danco box. Everyone at the auction said it was custom made, and that the IH rear weight box is smaller (which I already knew). But this looks to be the same size as the picture of the optional Danco weight box listed under the Loader Attachments section of the manual.

240794.jpg

240795.jpg

240796.jpg

240797.jpg

240798.jpg

This last picture is of the trip handle that was previously broken, and the owner tried to repair it by placing a metal collar around it, and secured with bolts. I guess this was a common break.

240799.jpg

Anyone know of a source for a new one, or has anyone had these reproduced/casted?

Looking nice William! I agree....that 982 looks SMALL now! Both look great. Can't wait to see your loader on it, you have to give us a little play by play as you install. I would love to find a nice loader for my 982. I think it would be a great addition to any Cub fleet!

Great job on the tractors!

Latest posts

Back