• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through June 27, 2008

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Art A

ROTFLMAO!!

Does anyone have a pic of where/how the assist springs attach when using on a hydro?
coffee.gif
Think I would like to try it!!

Well, I got my 100 starting AND charging now.

Thanks to my good buddy Jerry Bliler!
Here he is with his 100 that he's finishing up.
88325.jpg

And here he is with his vintage gear lube can.
88326.jpg

He was supposed to be taking his wife out to dinner for their anniversary, but was in the garage with me instead. What a guy!

Jerry, I got some cleaner last night and this afternoon on my lunch hour I was able to clean it up and put it back together and mounted and got to hear it run again. I then unhooked the positive battery cable and it stayed running. Whew!

Now I have the steering wheel off so I can't even drive it around yet. Oh well, it's getting there.

Oh yeah, here's Jerry's Original that he refurbised. It's a worker, but it looks real good now!
88327.jpg

Thanks again Jerry,
Keith

Sorry, the pictures aren't so great. All I had with me was my phone.

Keith L.
Man, I dunno if I'd let him in my shop or not. He looks a little crazed.
I think he drank to much of that gear lube.
biggrin.gif

Dave C.
You want cat 0 lift and the lower lift mounts for a 122?
There is no such thing man.
confused.gif

Maybe I'm just slower than normal today.
biggrin.gif

I have a cub 1000 that needs side panels.How much is a set of side panels worth?

Herman P
Welcome to the Forum. You may need to look at the for Sale area or surf eBay for awhile to come up with a price/worth, they usually aren't much.

David Bromlow, great pics, I have the same problem on a 1250.

There, I have finally posted again!

Ok guys Ol Pops just bought a 106 now with my eyes all bloodshot from staying awake at night thinking what am I going to do with "this" little guy I am starting to formulate a plan.

The saga will soon begin! Oh it is a rolling tractor no motor. So many options so little sleep.

Pops
old.gif

Dustin - I've got a 149 with a 42" deck and the specified PTO to Deck belt is IH 490-489-R2 which is 80" long. In my experience I found using the IH 473-462-R4 (81" x 3/8") belt was much easier to get on-and-off the deck. I've been using a 81" belt for 10 years. Not the same belt though, as I've replaced it about three times.

Dave L - Last week I had the same problem and Kendell's photo and info help me out. Once I found the mark on the flywheel I painted it with a fine tipped White-Out pen. Because the hole is hard to see with the generator mounted, with a cold chisel I made a small notch on the engine pulley (the pulley to the Starter/Generator), and with a center punch a mark on the engine casting opposite the pulley notch. I also painted these, which made it so much easier to get the points set.

Latest posts

Back