• This community needs YOUR help today. With the ever increasing fees of everything (server, software, domain, e-mail) , we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of IH Cub Cadets. You get a lot of great new account perks including access to private forums. If you sign up for annual, I will ship a few IH Cub Cadet Forum decals too in addition to all the account perks you get. You can see what it looks like below.

Archive through August 17, 2012

IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum

Help Support IH Cub Cadet Tractor Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hydroharry

displayname
Harry Bursell
Here's a nicely restored 1x4/1x5 Headlight Assembly, freshly painted with Federal Yellow, new decal, 2 brand new bulbs AND the original switch which works good.

Just in case you need to know, this is correct for the 72, 104, 105, 124, 125 (and will fit the 73, 106, 107, 126, 127 and 147 but the correct police might give you a ticket).

$100 plus shipping gets you the complete assembly as shown including the switch. (You have to provide your own wires and a tail light if you want one).
243286.jpg

243287.jpg

243288.jpg

243289.jpg

243290.jpg

still have several rollers for sale. two 82 type series, wide frame 109. Various sheet metal etc. Bring a trailer, make me a deal load up. Prices are in the original ads. Come take it all and get a deal. Located in Spotsylvania, VA

243298.jpg

243299.jpg

243300.jpg

I have a good QA42 snow blower that fits the 1250, 1450, 1650 series of tractor for sale. Asking $150.00. Local pickup only.
243412.jpg

Terry W., please note that a QA42 will NOT fit onto a 1250, 1450 or 1650 or any other wide frame Cub Cadet. It will however fit onto any 1x4/5 series or 1x6/7 series narrow frame Cub Cadet. It might fit onto a non- Quick Attach Cub Cadet (70/100 through 1x2/3 series) but I recall some issue with it mounting properly and an adapter bracket may need to be fabricated.

Didn't some of those blowers adjust for both types of frames? I had one, don't remember model#.

Rick, yes, the QAxxA and QAxxB both were adjustable for width. I can tell by the photo that the one that Terry has for sale is the narrow frame only version, a QA42, just as he has said it is. It does not however fit a wide frame Cub Cadet.

For Sale

selling my nice 782 tractor has 3 point hitch starts runs and drives awesome...tractor needs nothing serial # 714249 black belly cast iron rear end... deck was totally gone thru 2 years ago and blasted and repainted tractor comes with new firestone 23.10.50 x 12 ag tires on back and v 61s up front...for $ 1500.00 or will put turfs back on that are in decent shape too for $1100.00
wheel weights are not included

tractor needs nothing
reason for selling looking at another project... tractor is located in northeast Iowa
243539.jpg

243540.jpg

243541.jpg

243542.jpg

243543.jpg

243544.jpg

Completely restored cub cadet 1450 - $950. The tractor was stripped down cleaned and repainted a couple years ago. The engine was bored 0.10 over during the rebuild. The engine cradle upgrade was also performed at this time. The headlights and taillights work as they should – wiring was also replaced during the rebuild. The automatic hydro relief valves do not leak: the forward motion one was rebuilt this year. I replaced the carburetor with a rebuilt, correct Kohler #30. The 50 inch deck has been updated and strengthened. The baffles are attached under the deck, and the blades are sharp. There is no rust on this one. The hydraulic deck lift works perfectly, and the lift handle was moved to the left side. The battery is in good shape. This tractor can be used daily or taken to shows; it’s really clean.
I’ve used this tractor for two years until I bought a zero-turn last month, so this one must go to its next yard to mow. Please contact me with questions, more pictures, or offers. Cash only, no trades. Thanks for looking at the ad. The tractor is in Concord, NC.
Steve

243658.jpg

243659.jpg

243660.jpg

243661.jpg

243662.jpg

243663.jpg

Steve,
I have a question. Nice looking tractor, but why would you move the lift handle over to the left side?
1a_scratchhead.gif

Moving the lift lever to the left side makes it much easier to run a blower and the hydro at the same time. I found this out the hard way this winter with the blower on the 1650.

Schultz and Ryan - can we move the discussion of the "left handed hydro lift" over to the Forum discussion thread? I'd like to know more myself. I don't see why there would be a "learn the hard way" situation, since a thrower should be used in a "float" position.

I will be the first to admit that that most if not all of the people on this board know more about Cub Cadets. With that said, the snow blower i am offering fits my 1250. I bought it from a guy that had it on a 1250 and it fits my 1250. Maybe its not a QA42 or maybe it has been modified. It fits and runs on my 1250.
Thanks,
Terry

Terry - hard to tell from the size of the picture, but if it is a plain QA42, it has to have been modded in one or both of the areas pointed to to make it wide enough for a wide frame. If it has been (and you should be able to tell from the cuts and welds that would be required to "Z" those side pieces, there is a drawback, at least on the 1x9 series - the space between the front of the hood and the chute is less, making it almost impossible to open the hood. BTDT, also undid (cut the z'd area out and re-butt welded the pieces together) it when I swapped it off for a QA42a...
243731.jpg

Cub Cadet model 800 For Sale. 1974 (Dec) model 800. Looks and runs good, no smoke, still has the original small starter and other 800 specific items, good rear tries, new fronts, and a new seat. This tractor was used by the original owner to mow and pull a sprayer. After he passed away, it sat, unused, in a barn for over 20 years. There is a very good deck and subframe from a model 86 that will go with the tractor.

The bad news is, the transmission is noisy (gear or bearing noise). I replaced the original trans with one I had from a 108 and it's also noisy. That is what is in it at present, but you also get the original trans if you want to replace the pinion shaft bearings and reinstall it. $650 Cash, picked up in Louisville, KY
cc proto 409 at bellsouth dot net (no spaces and add the correct symbols)
243745.jpg

243746.jpg

243747.jpg

243748.jpg

The snow blower modified. i checked the places you pointed to and there was welding done. thanks. So I have a QA42 modified to fit wide frames.

OK, OK I know it's 90+ degrees but it's gonna' snow one of these days.
Complete chute control assmby. with handle for a QA42A Snow Thrower $25. + shipping.

LIKE NEW! Cutting edge for the same. I put it on and moved the snow thrower around a bit and scratched it a bit. $20. + shipping

Upper chute wing nuts $12. shipped.

For Sale: Cub Cadet 882 Diesel with XtremeMotorWorks 60" snow blade and, various other snow blades up to 52", mower decks 44" and 50". The 50" is in working fair condition. Some of the decks are very rough. A QA42 snow thrower in unknown condition (I've never used it) and a Cozy Cab. The diesel starts and runs, some smoke on start. Runs good. Think the hour meter shows 1364 and not really sure it works. Have not ran it this year. The weights are included. Package deal - everything for $1000. Located in Little Valley, NY (south of Buffalo on Pa border).

Couple Pics to follow. Have to resize them.

Back